Monday, May 23, 2011

small town entertainment

A few weeks ago, on our way to pick up William from school, we spotted an unusual sight.  In the field directly across from the elementary school there was a man practicing jumps on his dirt bike. 


We were quite entertained as we sat in line waiting for William.  In fact, instead of going straight home turned around and parked for a bit so that William could watch as well.  We weren't the only ones either!  The bank parking lot (next to the field) was full as was the school's lot.  Kids got out of the cars and lined the fence to get a closer look.  It was so funny to see everyone who passed by stop or slow down to catch the show!

A few weeks later at Brisket at the Barn (another of our favorite traditions here in town) we got another little show and discovered that the man is Derek Cook (If you click his name you'll get a taste of what we saw... except mute it because the music is horrible!)

We love our little town and all the perks that go with it!

4 comments:

  1. so fun the little moments that you catch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I bet your boys loved to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I got to go with you to Brisket at the Barn a couple of years ago. Your little town is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched the video. That guy is CRAZY! Jacob said, "Why would someone do that. I would only do it if I were in space."

    ReplyDelete