Thursday, May 26, 2011

End of the Year

William has had a fun few weeks.  Isn't the end of school always so much fun?  Several weeks ago his class got to go to Edmond's "Safety Village."  The firefighters taught them all sorts of safety rules and then they got to wander around the tiny village and put their skills into action.  Afterward we went to Mitch Park for lunch and playing.  It was a fun fieldtrip!



William was also recognized as a Kiwanis Terrific Kid.  His teacher let us know so we could attend "Wildcat Wake-up" but we didn't let William in on the secret.  I think he was a little embarrassed--he kept rubbing his eyes (I think they were watering... like mine do when I'm on the spot).  We already knew that he was a terrific kid... but it's nice to know that someone else recognizes it as well.


William got a t-shirt, button, ruler, certificate, and his picture in the local paper.



And then on Tuesday we had the end of the year Kindergarten Awards Assembly.  It was fun to see William up with his class.



Then all of the Kindergarten classes performed a song that they had been working on.

(I'm working on uploading the video)




Every Kindergartner was presented with a completion certificate.  (Alex insisted that he be in the picture as well.)


I am so grateful for William's teacher, Mrs. Prough.  She really loved William (and the rest of her class).  She has told me several times that they were a "dream class" and so sweet.  I don't think William would have adjusted so well or grown so much without her as a teacher.  I can only hope for such a great first grade teacher.  (First grade!  That's so old!)


This ended up being the last day of school... later that day the tornado hit our town and they canceled the last day of school.  They opened up the school for the kids to get their stuff on Wednesday so we got a chance to say goodbye to Mrs. Prough.  She was so worried about each of her students and whether they were alright.

I'm so glad that William enjoyed Kindergarten this year.  He has really developed a lot of confidence and abilities... and I'm so happy to have him home for the summer!

5 comments:

  1. That safety village looks like fun. Way to go William for all your hard work!

    I'm glad James isn't going to be naughty in your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always sad when a school year is over...it was another indication that my kids were growing up. But at the same time, I looked forward to the unstructured hours of summer time and spending lots and lots of time with my kids. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad William had such a great Kindergarten experience. It is wonderful when children learn to love school from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man you sure do have a great son! I love the pictures- he is growing up fast! Josh would LOVE his lego shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! thats so great! I too get watery eyes when I am on the spot.

    ReplyDelete