Thursday, July 21, 2011

A fun fourth

We had a fun Fourth of July.  In the morning my mom gave the boys haircuts (hooray!)...  and they got a patriotic drink in exchange.


For lunch, Rich and my mom took all the boys over to some friends' house for swimming and food. I think they had a good time.  Henry and I stayed home to sleep.


Afterwards we all headed over to the Crane's for more food and fun.  My mom made a patriotic cake... yum!


When it began to get dark we headed back home.  Rich, Mom, William and James went to Windmill Park to watch fireworks (we miss the great view we had in our old home!)  I stayed home to put Alexander to bed.  Jacob wasn't feeling well so he stayed home and went to sleep also.  My mom was excited to see fireworks again... since you don't get a good show in Alaska!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE a new hair cut on a boy!
    So glad you got to sleep & rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really did love the fireworks. They are so beautiful against a black sky. (Alaska doesn't have black skies at night in the summer so fireworks are not quite the same.)

    ReplyDelete