Monday, July 25, 2011

Splish Splash

Henry's umbilical cord fell off Tuesday afternoon.  My mom left for the airport a few hours later.  While Rich was gone to the airport Henry decided to pee (on his face) while I was changing his diaper.  Awesome.  So I went to give him a bath where he decided to pee again (and poop!) in the sink.  At that point I gave up on the idea of a bath and just washed his face.

But then my mom came back that night!  Since she was here an extra day she was able to give Henry his first bath.  I'm pretty sure my mom has given all of my boys their first bath.  I'm pretty sure that's why she had to be here an extra day :)


He wasn't so sure about it at first...


But then he decided it really wasn't so bad after all!

7 comments:

  1. Cute! Love that your mom got to stay...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is so cute!! What a sweet little baby! I'm so glad your mom got to come back to help one more time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool tradition! Too bad she couldn't give EVERY bath! :) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet.
    My Mom gave my girls their first baths too!
    I needed someone to show me how to do it the first time around!
    He is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really am glad that terrible storm came up so that we couldn't make our flight. That extra day at your house was so fun!! I got to give Henry a real bath. We had that fun treasure hunt thanks to Jacob. We watched a fun movie--thanks to Rachelle. And, I got my first spontaneous hug from William. Wow, it was like hitting tha jackpot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious baby...so glad it all worked out:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom you did hit the jackpot! I was feeling regretful after you left the first time that the day didn't go well. I was so glad that we got a "do-over" day... it was much better!

    ReplyDelete