Did you know I turned 30 last week? Yep, the big 3-0. It was pretty uneventful... unless you consider that it was one of those terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-days. If it was any other day it would have been just a bad day. But considering that it was my birthday--and my 30th at that--it made a bad day worse. I try to not have big expectations for my birthdays... my boys don't care one way or another. But when I was greeted in the morning by a whining, screaming 6-year-old throwing a fit on the stairs for 20 minutes my day didn't exactly start off on the right foot. To be honest, the day didn't get much better from there! There was an excess of screaming and whining.
I think Alex took about 5 baths... just because he kept whining about them.
These boys brought their toys downstairs for a bit and played nicely. But it was downstairs because the air upstairs went out--again. Perfect.
And James played on my ipod a bit. Just to keep him occupied and from annoying Alex.
Henry was my best boy... he's always so good.
Rich is on the library board and had a meeting that night... so I got to make dinner too. (Although it was a pretty good dinner: swiss mushroom burgers, fruit, potato salad, and corn on the cob.) And Rich brought home some peach pie for dessert.
There were some good parts too... I talked to my family and was showered with nice gifts. And the week got better from there.
I've been needing a haircut for a while and finally did that.
It's so nice to have it short again... and I'm getting used to the bangs after over 10 years of not having them!
On Thursday we got a sitter and Rich took me to dinner. There is a little steak place within walking distance of our house and so we took a nice walk over there. It was a great evening.
And on Saturday Rich surprised me with some beautiful roses.
30 is looking better every day.


I'm sorry your birthday was so lame. But at least you had a good dinner (albeit you had to cook it). I remember one time in Southridge when you checked out that book from the library because you were having one of those days--I love that memory!
ReplyDeleteNice bangs! Happy 30th! Sorry it was lame. I've given up having any expectations for birthdays. Hope your 40th is better :)
ReplyDeleteLove your hair!!! too bad kids don't realize when our special days are!!
ReplyDeleteLove the new hair! Some days just aren't so great...but I am glad it has gotten better since then!
ReplyDeleteSorry your actual birthday was not too great! But it sounds like it has gotten better. Love your new haircut and the bangs are so cute on you!!
ReplyDeleteIt's a bummer your special day wasn't super great, but at least Rich seems to making up for it! Good hubby! Love the new haircut too. I have bangs now too! There not so bad once you get used them. :) Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeletesorry your day wasnt the greatest, but so glad its getting better!
ReplyDeleteLove the new hair too :)
There ought to be some law that children have to behave on your birthday. At least Henry is such a good baby. I'm glad you got to try the new steak place that is so close to your home.
ReplyDeleteSorry your birthday wasn't better...that is too bad. I am glad things have been improving since then though. :)
ReplyDeleteSorry you had a rough start to your birthday. Thirty isn't that bad. I just felt like I was 23 with 7 years of experience =).
ReplyDeleteSorry your 30th wasn't everything you hoped it would be. You look great if that's any consolation.
ReplyDelete