Friday, January 20, 2012

Random Happenings

I'm trying to enjoy the quiet before the birthdays, more holidays, other events make us busy again.  But I still want to record the little randomness that occurs in our home.

A few weeks ago Henry tried his first food!  All of my boys have enjoyed their first taste of rice cereal but they have made awful faces as they've adjusted to the new taste and texture.  Henry, as is typical, was all smiles--not even a grimace from this happy little boy.





He did get a little distracted by his big brothers though!



James was rather curious about what exactly his baby brother was eating... so I suggested that he taste a little bit.  Usually when I make these suggestions I am promptly denied.  However, James actually took me up on it!  He said it was good... and it tasted like rice.



William is such a great helper with Henry... and especially loves to get him out of his crib and bring him down to me.  It is so nice not to have to run upstairs!



In the past several months William has also turned into quite a little ham.  I don't know what changed but he is really silly... especially in front of the camera.





A few weeks ago Rich had a seminary training down in Norman. I always dread Saturdays when Rich is away... I really look forward to his help with the boys and spending time as a family.  Instead of trying to keep myself sane around the house I decided to take the boys to the zoo.  Thankfully it was beautiful weather that day... so it worked out perfectly!




One last bit of randomness.  Rich has been playing the guitar more at night (and banjo and mandolin) and Henry loves to play too.  I think I have a picture like this for each of the boys!  I love that my boys love music like Rich and I!


ps.  Isn't Henry just the sweetest?

6 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful family!! You do such a great job keeping up on the fun of having your little brood!! You are amazing little momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry really is such a sweet baby! I love these pictures--he's darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Henry is the sweetest. Such a cutie. Love the big blue eyes. I'm so jealous that you're at the zoo without coats or even a jacket. That must be so nice. And I agree that it is so nice to have older kids that can help with the baby. It makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good smiler Henry is. I'm glad that your 4th is such a good baby. (And that lion sculpture is really cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it that you document all the little random moments in life with FOUR BOYS!
    I want to be just like you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Henry is such a big blue eyed baby! What a darling little boy:)

    ReplyDelete