Since we have a neighborhood pool I decided it was high time that we get these boys in some swim lessons. We signed them up through the city and the boys did great. James and Alex had lessons in the morning and William's were in the evening.
James was a little fish--always has been. He is even more confident now and I don't think I'll ever get floaties on him again.
Alex was hilarious. He learned to get his face wet (sometimes) and is not clingy at all in the pool any more. In fact, with floaties on he'll go all over the place by kicking his little legs.
The funny thing about Alex was that during most lessons he looked like this the majority of the time.
Yes, that is Alex laying his head down on the concrete. The thing is he wasn't sad or even difficult--just said that he was tired. The life guards quickly realized that if they just picked him up and asked him to do whatever is was that they were learning--he'd do it! Happily even! And then he'd go right back to the wall and put his head down. Silly boy.
William did great. He is so much more confident. He can tread water and swim the short length of the pool. It was just the confidence booster that he needed in the pool!
William's lessons kept getting rescheduled because of late afternoon thunderstorm (and once because of an "accident" at the pool. Gross.) What should have been 2 weeks of lessons turned into 3! But I'm so glad that we got them signed up... and even more glad that they are over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So. . . I was reading the Friend to Kenley tonight and suddenly I saw William's little face down in the corner! I got very excited and told Kenley that I know that boy (even though I of course don't but it made me seem cooler to her to say that I do). It was a very sweet story!
ReplyDelete