Rich and I were invited to a White Elephant party this year. We had a great time (and got voted for the worst present given.) I think that's debatable though because we came home with this guy:
That's right. A real. live. lobster.
The boys thought he was awesome and couldn't get enough of him. They named him Pinchy.
Alexander was not too happy about his brothers picking up Pinchy.
Sunday night we took him over to our friend's house and cooked him up (along with some steaks and chicken) for dinner. The boys were really interested in the boiling of Pinchy but didn't like the taste of him so much. The rest of us found him to be rather tasty.
Most memorable gift ever. We'll see it we can beat it next year.
Friday, December 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So, what was the present you gave?
ReplyDeleteExactly, what on earth did you give that was voted worse than this? (Although, to be fair, that is a really unique, pretty cool white elephant.) I'm impressed that you cooked him. I certainly couldn't have touched him, that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteHeather and Amy... Rich picked up an awful goblet that had a pink feather boa around the bottom and said "Holy Matrimony! Single No More!" I'm sure that it will be gifted again next year :)
ReplyDeleteI have never cooked lobster but it sure tastes good. That is a crazy gift!!
ReplyDelete