It is tradition that on the first Monday of the year we sit down and set some goals for ourselves. Rich and I usually try to have some suggestions of what kinds of goals the boys might want to set but this year it seemed that they had some already in mind.
William-- Church: read scriptures every day, Happy home: don't be a picky eater, Personal: learn to ride my skateboard
The "don't be a picky eater" actually surprised me but he's been doing awesome.
James-- Church: sit reverently, Happy home: sleep without blanket by 6th birthday (this has been really hard for him! but he's doing it!) Personal: no teasing others
Alexander-- Church: sing songs, Happy home: don't wake up mom and dad at night, Personal: wear underwear (aka be potty trained!)
So far this has been our best year for setting goals and keeping them. Hopefully we can continue to be successful!
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

this is so awesome, Jeanine! Your boys are so lucky to have you as a mom!!
ReplyDeleteJeanine, you are super mom! I love this idea so much and glad it is working so well!
ReplyDeleteYour boys have made some great goals. That used to be one of my favorite family nights each year. You girls always came up with wonderful goals. I still remember one you made when you were 4 years old. It was to stay in your chair during dinner. You used to walk around the table all during the meal. Having that goal helped you to sit still.
ReplyDeleteMom, I wish I was only 4 when I made that goal. I'm pretty sure I was 8!
ReplyDeleteI think my favorite thing about this post is all the explosives on William's goal picture. I remember being so bewildered by the fact that the boys in my elementary school classes had to draw tanks or guns or the like on every piece of paper and assignment.
ReplyDelete