Thursday, February 28, 2013

valentine's

I guess before the end of February I should document our Valentine's Day!

We started off our month decorating valentine's to send to our grandparents.  The boys really got into it this year.  Perhaps it was the glitter glue?


Even the Young Women in our ward wrote some valentine's. (And they were so much fun to make!)


 The boys gave out these fun goodies to their classmates.  (They read: Valentine you make my heart BOUNCE.)


Rich surprised me with gifts on Valentine's morning--cards from all the boys



and a sweet pair of momma bear bookends.  


And I left this little surprise in Rich's car before seminary.


 For dinner that night we had steak with homemade alfredo sauce and heart shaped pasta.


As you can see, Valentine's Dinner is super glamorous at our house.  I wouldn't have it any other way!


And I made one of Rich's favorite desserts... chocolate mousse!


 That weekend the Young Women in our ward were holding a girls camp fundraiser.  It's a dinner and dessert auction.  After spending hours decorating, baking, getting donations, etc we were a little worried that the weather would keep people from coming.  It had snowed on and off all day long!  We forged ahead and were really successful.






Alexander was sick so we didn't stay for the dessert auction... but I hear that this little pie of mine went for around $65!  Not too bad.


 I always love Valentine's Day and this one did not disappoint!

4 comments:

  1. So the fame of your award-winning pies made it all the way to North Carolina, huh? Plus covered in heart shaped pie crust!?--darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the heart shaped pasta? How fun. And your pie? $65! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I got the heart-shaped pasta at World Market! I was so excited! I thought they might have some because a cashier at Target had mentioned to me around Christmas time that they had candy cane shaped pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your Valentine ideas. The pie is super cute with the heart shaped top crust. I need to remember that.
    There was a bake sale auction for the music program at Jacob's school. Mostly people took cakes, but I took two pies. The cherry pie sold for $35 and the lemon meringue sold for $65. (I wouldn't pay that much for a pie, but I'm glad other people will.)

    ReplyDelete