Sunday, September 18, 2016

Back to School Feast 2016: BE STRONG

I love our yearly back to school dinner and theme!  This year we are reminding the boys to "Be Strong."  I made t-shirts again this year (Lydia's has a ballerina though).  It is a fun way for the boys to remember the theme and it's our little secret code since it's just the picture.


The boys couldn't decide on a dinner this year so I decided to surprise them.  James had suggested turkey... but I couldn't justify buying a huge turkey.  Instead I made a whole roast chicken.  It was delicious!  We had sweet potatoes, green beans, and jello (William's request) as well.




And for dessert we had the most wonderful chocolate cake I've ever made.  Yum!


Before dinner Rich gave each member of the family a blessing.  This is my favorite tradition of all!  It is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment