All of my babies have been born with a clogged tear duct. With all of the boys I was able to massage it regularly and it took care of itself. Lydia's, however, did not. We were constantly wiping guck out of her eye. The doctor explained that at her age (past 1 year) it was no longer going to clear up and she needed a procedure done to open it up and put a temporary stint in it. I scheduled the surgery for the summer so that there were no schedules to contend with.
Lydia and I woke up super early and headed to the surgery center. We seemed to have to wait forever and 1 minute before they finally called us back she tripped and hit her mouth. So not only was she now tired and antsy but she had a fat lip as well.
She was not happy to wear the gown they gave her. But taking selfies kept her occupied for a little while. (The marker on her face was to indicate which eye they were to operate on.)
She mostly just wanted to cuddle with mom.
The procedure was super fast! I barely had time to get settled when they came to get me because she was awake already! She was not happy at all to be held by the nurse and couldn't wait until I could cuddle with her some more.
We sat in the recovery room for a little while and let her watch some cartoons and sip apple juice. When it was time to go she got to have some really cool sunglasses to protect her eyes from the bright morning sun.
The recovery was quick (minus Lydia throwing up all her apple juice on the ride home). And her eye is so much better! Next month we get to have the stint removed.
Thursday, September 15, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love the sunglasses!
ReplyDelete