Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Halloween Fun!

For such a unimportant holiday Halloween sure does take up a good chunk of our October!

While I was at Time Out For Women Rich took all 5 kids and braved the Fall Festival at the school.  Everyone said that they had a good time.



The next week Rich was out of town so I took the kids to the ward Chili dinner and trunk-or-treat.




William went off with his buddies while the other three boys stuck together and trunk-or-treated.  Lydia was content to sit near me and pass out candy.  But then she realized what was going on and that she could get candy.  I took her to about 5 cars and she was content to sit and eat her sweets.



A few neighbors decided it might be fun to throw a block party.  It was a fun time to let all the kids run around and play games while the adults chatted.  Henry helped me decorate our corn hole... he painted the ghost and wrote "boo!" all by himself.  I painted a spiderweb on the other one.




On the last day of the season we took the family back to the Orchard for a tractor ride.  William decided he didn't want to join us so we left him home to do chores.




We also carved our pumpkins.  This is one of my favorite traditions--especially now that the boys are old enough to do most of the work.  Even Lydia helped out!










On Halloween I got to help with Henry's class party.  We had a great time!



For dinner we had our traditional jack-o-lantern pizza.



Rich took the kids out trick-or-treating while I passed out candy.  Lydia only went around the cul-de-sac before coming home to bed.  She did munch on some cheese puffs (her favorite these days) and help me pass out treats.  In fact, she is so cute that when a group of kids from our ward knocked on the door she held out her bucket to show them her loot.  Several of the kids then put a treat into her bucket!  Only such a cute little girl would manage to get trick-or-treaters to give treats.



Phew!  I'm so glad that Halloween is over for another year!


1 comment:

  1. Wow you really did have a lot of activities. What a fun month.

    ReplyDelete