My blood runs true blue, through and through. It's no wonder though--my sisters and I represent a third generation of BYU graduates. My Grandpa Allred loves BYU. I have numerous memories of him watching BYU football. If I remember correctly, he earned both his Bachelor's and Master's degrees from BYU. My parents also attended, met, and graduated as Cougars... as did several aunts, uncles, and cousins. And although Rich loves OU more and Dad perhaps loves UT we still all love BYU. Why wouldn't we? For one, we all met our spouses there! William, at age 2, already knew the fight song. (I'm brainwashing him... and proud of it!)
My mom and I were talking about the hardships and sacrifices that went into making Brigham Young University what it is today. It's pretty amazing. I'm proud to be part of that legacy.
And this past weekend another sister joined the ranks of family members who are proud to be Cougars.



how funny that we were in slc the same weekend...we could have car pooled with them :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool family tradition! And brainwashing children is the only way to get them to do what you want! :)
ReplyDeleteAt scripture class today I told Sis. Horton that we had gone to BYU graduation last week and that I LOVE being on that campus. She said that she agreed and that it was like going home. That is what it is like--a second home.
ReplyDeleteI almost didn't comment simply because of the title. Good thing your sister is so darn cute. I can't believe she's that old.
ReplyDeleteI can't forgive you for loving BYU, but I suppose we can still be friends. ;)
Awww, how nice.
ReplyDeleteWe're true blue through and through for sure. Brandon's dad is one of the biggest cougar fans I've ever me. OU- yuck. Just kidding, I really have nothing against them. And I didn't hate cloverfield- it just blew me away, but yeah Brandon really did- he and Rich will have a good talk about it. I love that you taught William the fight song!! Oh and your Williamisms are hilarious!!! We LOVE reading them. DAD RICHARD WHITING CRANE! hilarious (so do you yell that at Rich all the time or something??)
ReplyDeleteAmy Jean... you could have carpooled in your nice new car!
ReplyDeleteErin... I never thought of it as a tradition but I guess it is! And I'm all about brainwashing!
Mom... I remember dad saying something about BYU being like home since he moved so much. I agree, it always feels like home at BYU.
Katie... We can still be friends even if you went to the school up north! And if you can't believe that Elise is that old... Rachelle graduates high school in a few weeks!
Amy... you're just jealous because you didn't think of it... now I'll be the favorite sister! jk
Melissa... Rich and Brandon will have to talk about Cloverfield sometime... should be an interesting conversation. And as for the "Dad Richard Whiting Crane" quote... I don't ever say that to Rich but I certainly use the boys full names when they're causing trouble!
oh, I feel so special. Thanks Jeanine. Although I think it's a little funny that you posted about my graduation before I did. Not suprising though.
ReplyDeleteWhat?! the fitzgibbons have a new car. We need to get together with them.
I was being sincere.
ReplyDeleteWe love Cougars Blue! We went to our Brendon's graduation this weekend too. Nothing like the feelings you get just being there. I went to Elise's page and said hi and congrats! What an accomplishment. You girls were always girls who "got it" and I so appreciate that my kids were able to grow up with you and feel of your influence!
ReplyDeleteHOW NICE! Brendon (my brother) just graduated too! AWESOME!
ReplyDelete