Monday, May 19, 2008

hip hip hooray!

This morning, as William hopped out of the bath, I asked him a question I've asked a million times before: "Do you want to go peepee in the toilet?" But this time the answer was different... an excited YES! And he didn't really like the little potty so we jumped up to the big one. And he went #2! Then he told me that he needed underwear. Luckily we've had some sitting around for over a year. It's only been an hour (maybe less) but so far so good. Let's hope this sticks!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, fun times! Good luck!!

    And I keep meaning to comment about the zoo - we've got to take Lucy before the heat is unbearable!! And we LOVE the floaties! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go William!!! Lainey never really cared for the little one either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! Good luck with the potty. Oh - and as per your suggestion, we got a potty doll to see if that makes a difference, but I still don't have the courage yet. Maybe another month or two from now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it sticks! I bet it will...he's old enough to really get it. Parker will be so happy. He is really into the whole friends wearing underwear thing. If you didn't notice, Parker had to ask him about his diapers a million times while he was there. Later on Saturday night he asked if William will be wearing underwear next time we see him. I hope so. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job William!!!! What a big boy! Jeanine, do you think being with Parker over the weekend helped him want to be a big boy too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and I hope it sticks too- see they say that one day it just clicks and I hope that day was the day! Cool Spiderman- Josh has Scooby Doo and Cars- but some are getting too worn out.

    ReplyDelete