Thursday, May 29, 2008

a TEXAS-sized weekend

This post is long overdue. Sorry for the delay. A few Fridays back--May 16th to be exact--we traveled down to Texas for this cute couple's open house. Heather was my wonderful roommate back in the day and it was so good to see her again and meet her new hubby, Royce.We are so excited that they are living so close for the summer and hope to see them again soon!

Since we were going to be down there anyway, we stopped in on our good friends the Smiths. Katie and I have been friends since we were in Sunbeams. (For some fabulous and embarrassing pictures of us through the years click here.) Her oldest, Parker, and William are Sunbeams now. It's funny to think that our moms met when they were our age. The boys got along fabulously. It was so fun to visit with them and let our boys play! Plus they were so nice to let us stay the night... and even nicer to treat us to a breakfast of wonderful crepes! Thanks guys! And we couldn't leave without checking out their fantastic park:

Seriously, this park is every child's dream. You've really got to see it to believe it!

And then we headed home. We are super lucky that our boys are great travelers! The boys conked out and napped even after we got home. Later that night we dropped the kids off at Grandma's while we went out. It was our anniversary after all. Rich and I headed down to Bricktown to dine at the Spaghetti Warehouse. (Actually we were planning on eating at the Melting Pot... but we were too starving to wait an hour.)

All in all we had a great weekend!

(And a Happy belated Anniversary to you Rich... it's been the best 5 years!)

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a super fun weekend. Your hair is so long. I can't believe it. Are you going to donate it too?? I love William's new quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting those pics! So glad I could see you guys. And just wanted to let you know that we had our first snow cones of the summer! They were great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! What a fun road trip for you guys. You are quite lucky you got to check out that park... that park totally looks rad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for friends and trips and anniversaries!! Glad you and Heath are close! Loved the picture of you two beautiful, long haired girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got to spend time with two friends. It does seem strange that you are the age I was when we first moved to Corona. How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great for you! I did that trip over to Katie's blog...you girls were so adorable. Brings back memories for your young women leaders too! You were fabulous then and incredible women now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I remember going to your wedding- I can't believe it has been 5 years!! How fun! We love bricktown, too bad about the melting pot- but it is pretty expensive anyway, right? I'm glad that you have good friends near by- we are sure glad to have you guys around!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun that you live so close to Heather and Royce! And Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! i do remember Katie saying stuff about that park. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for good travelers. I'm sure it helped make your weekend that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair is SOOOOO long! Happy anniversary! 5 years?? CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun weekend. I am so happy that you and Katie were able to get together. That is so fun that your boys were able to play. I am jealous. Happy Anniversary. Too fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some fun pictures at the park. We seriously had a great time having you here. Thanks for staying.

    We went to the Melting Pot for our anniversary the week before. I was sorely disappointed. You can be happy you spent your money elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your aniversary! Marathon's are addictive. It is very hard to imagine until you have done one. Congrats to nubmer four!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so want to go to that park! Happy Anniversary my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete