Tuesday, May 27, 2008

26.2 miles


We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves. The more restricted our society and work become, the more necessary it will be to find some outlet for this craving for freedom. No one can say, 'You must not run faster than this, or jump higher than that.' The human spirit is indomitable.
-Sir Roger Banniser, first man to break the four minute mile


Saturday Rich ran his fourth--yes, you read that right--fourth marathon. Crazy? Yes, I think so. He claims that this is his last one... but we'll see. He did awesome and had his fastest finishing time yet--4:14:56! He placed 19th for males, 2nd in his division and averaged a pace of 9:30 minutes per mile! I, for one, think that's pretty amazing!
Yea for Rich! You are awesome!

16 comments:

  1. Rich is amazing. I can't imagine running that far. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a MARATHON??? Ugh, way to go, I could never handle that. The most I've ever run is 4 miles and I didn't love it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for Rich! He and my mom would have lots to talk about with all the marathon running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! More power to him. I, for one don't run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is amazing! Good luck with the recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the marathon and the post- Brandon is happy. I am still in awe- if I could even run a mile I would consider that an amazing feat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! that really is awesome. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that running quote. I think Rich is the coolest because he runs marathons. One day I'll be very happy if I run a 1/2 marathon. That's my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. um, that's AWESOME! Go Rich!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very impressive! Crazy, but impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I told Rich he was awesome for running marathons but he wouldn't accept the compliment. Thanks for the details though Jeanine because now I have PROOF that he really IS awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is fantastic. I would love to run a marathon, but every time I decide I'm going to start training, I get burned out by the time I work myself up to 6 miles. I need to keep pushing through. I always wish I would have done it in high school. I could easily run much more back in the day.

    Rich is awesome. He did VERY well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome and amazing! I could never run a marathon. I can barely run around the block. Great Job Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are truly and inspiration. Just the thought...oh...I am so proud of myself for amping it up to 2 miles of walking fast. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thats awesome! 4th marathon! Geez.. I have a personal goal of doing at least one in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's awesome! I always think that I would like to do a marathon, but then I get on the treadmill and am ready to die about 20 minutes later.

    ReplyDelete