Saturday afternoon Rich took the boys outside to play. They love playing outside with Dad. When I went out to check on them I found:
William throwing tumbleweeds, 
Seriously these things come out of no where and invade our yard in the fall and winter! Even if you pick them all up the wind will blow eventually and you'll have a backyard full of them again!
James walking along the garden edge,
This is where we have sectioned off for next year's small garden. Right now it's full of tumbleweeds.
And William playing baseball.
I was really impressed! He hit every ball pitched to him (when I was watching) and could throw pretty well too!

You'll have to make a California snow man with all those tumble weeds. It looks like William is going to be quite the athlete.
ReplyDeleteKeaten used to scared of those tumble weeds a couple of years ago. The older kids had told him they were spiders and it would freak him out when one would roll past him.
ReplyDeleteYou just may have to sign William up for t-ball!
My boys favorite thing in the world to do is go outside and play with daddy.
ReplyDeleteWe don't have tumble weeds here, but I bet you could come up with some pretty fun games to play with them.
Wow I love boys don't you! I can't wait till tavis is that big to play ball with his dad. So cool. The little one is so cute! Motherhood is fabulous isn't it?!?!?
ReplyDeleteJessica
That's Derek's favorite thing in the world, as well. Boys just love playing outside with their dads. And I love it too because I get a break!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for our helpful husbands for taking the kids outside to play! Such a cute picture of William throwing the tumbleweeds.
ReplyDeleteNice moves William! You are going to be a great baseball player some day! Crazy tumbleweeds-- my mom said they used to stack them up and make christmas trees out of them when she lived in new mexico.
ReplyDeleteinstead of a tumbleweed invasion, we had leaf invasion in cleveland. The moment you even turn around the wind blows them right back in your yard
ReplyDeleteTavin will get along with your boys GREAT! He could live outdoors. We'll have to have you over and play in the playhouse when you're in town next. Give us a call.
ReplyDeleteWe get quite the collection of tumbleweed in our yard as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers through tumbleweed!
ReplyDelete