General Conference was wonderful! We were able to watch at home on the computer and William was such a good sport and sat through the morning sessions on Saturday and Sunday! (He was really sad that we weren't going to church on Sunday though... and asked if we could go after we watched conference.)
He kept himself busy playing with legos,
coloring,
cutting,
and occassionally listening.
When President Monson mentioned change at the start of his talk Sunday afternoon, Rich made a comment to the effect of "I wonder what he's going to talk about." William, who we didn't know was really paying attention replied, "They're talking about change." And he was right. William could even recognize and name all the Apostles and First Presidency! What a smartie. Thankfully, James slept through those two. It made Conference so much more enjoyable! In the afternoons we would head over to the Crane's and watch on TV. We are so grateful for the opportunity we had to listen to such great men and women this weekend!

What great little boys you have. Glad you had a fun weekend, complete with the zoo and all!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE conference weekend!! William is such a smartie and thats great he was so good for you guys!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great mom. He really wasn listening. I love it when us parents dont think our kids are paying attention, and then they totally throw us for a loop!
ReplyDeletewow. Ironically I think you guys had a quieter conference than we did...funny how that works. What great boys you have!
ReplyDeleteCute pictures of William. And thanks for you advice on the bed switching... I think Hannah will do pretty well. And if she doesn't like it at first, too bad. I have been talking it up quite a bit too, and I am also really really stubborn, so if she thinks she is not going to stay in it all night, she can think again. I will win that battle!! =)
ReplyDeleteWilliam and Parker are exactly alike. PArk could name all the apostles and first presidency. HE sat through three sessions of confernce and was sad he slept through the forth. He paid attention through his activities, but still begged to go to church. And today, he asked if he could watch conference again. We learn so much from kids.
ReplyDeleteKatie... I think if we had stayed home William would have sat through all the sessions. Grandmas house is just too much fun though! And William asked to watch conference again today too!
ReplyDeleteWay to pay attention William and stay busy too! Wow! That looks like an awesome weekend and way to sleep through it James! Good boy!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad William liked conference. I loved the FHE idea that you sent about apostles. We are going to use the ideas in FHE and by next conference we should know each of them pretty well. That was perfect timing for James to sleep during conference. It sure made it nice for you. Olivia slept through the first session both days so Amy, Jeff, and I were able to listen without interruption.
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty impressive that he could name all the apostles and first presidency. I'm pretty sure I could ask my young women and few could do it so GOOD JOB!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing. My kids could never entertain themselves like that. Maybe I need to take lessons from you.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great General Conference...although it looks like Rich is having more fun playing with those legos than Willaim!!
ReplyDeleteRachelle.... I was wondering when someone would comment on Rich playing with the legos! You should have seen some of the creations he came up with!
ReplyDelete