Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"And I had but one penny in the world. Thou should’st have it to buy gingerbread."
– William Shakespeare, Love’s Labours Lost

Since last year's attempt at a gingerbread house failed I decided to suck it up and buy a gingerbread house kit. We put it together for family night on Monday. James couldn't resist snitching the candy--again....
and again...
While William and I had fun decorating the house (and tasting a few candies as well.)

21 comments:

  1. It turned out so cute! Makes me want to go out and buy a kit! And I love thier pjs... Derek has the same ones! Gotta love Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute! We've been wanting to do this as well for FHE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Christmas activity! We had so much fun making ours too. I decided it would be a good Christmas time tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun. And it looks really cute! Tyson and his cousin did that today with Grandma, and of course had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Do your boys know how fun their momma is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute house! I should buy one of the kits. I always try graham cracker, and I can never get the roof to stay up. Oh well, I guess flat roofs work too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather... last year we tried graham cracker too and couldn't do the roof. We always managed to do it growing up though... I don't know what the deal is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you message me crystal's email on facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those kits...we had a contest for yw and gave the finished products to the bishopric (just in case you need a quick december activity :)
    I miss the old milk carton/graham cracker ones though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're all about the pre-made kit! Such fun - yours turned out SO CUTE! Love the little helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it turned out really well. I have never tried using a pre-made kit before. I haven't made a ginger bread house for awhile though...maybe we should try making a ginger bread house this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. for cute! Next year you can try REAL gingerbread and make it a growing tradition (but I'm not sure where you go from there- maybe grow the ginger from scratch? jk) My friend just gave me the yummiest recipe and cut out patterns for a house- I can send them to you if you want. She said she does it every year and it always turns out. But with my luck it won't- and yours might have REAL glass on it- just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out really cute! What a fun family tradition. We are making gingerbread houses in YW on Tuesday--from scratch! Not my idea. I say buy the kits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! I may just steal that idea for my little geeks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That turned out so cute! I bought one last year after Christmas on clearance. I saved it and we'll make it next week. Last year we had the hardest time getting the walls to stick together. Finally we just used the glue gun. We figured we weren't going to eat it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That turned out soooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so fun! Decorating gingerbread houses is one of our favorite traditions. My kids have been bugging me to make them, hopefully we will get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute house! I did this with my niece a few years ago and it was so fun.

    Thanks for the idea to put the peppermint ice cream in hot chocolate!! That sounds amazing..I think I'll try it today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the May baby! Merry Christmas to the Cranes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jeanine, I wanted you to know that I made your oatmeal carmelitas that you posted on the recipe blog. One word: DELICIOUS! They will be on my list of Christmas favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it. I have never sucked it up and bought one. It turned out great! Looks like the boys LOVED it too!

    ReplyDelete