Friday, January 2, 2009

oh baby!

James has recently started to carry around a bear, treating it as though it's his baby. He feeds it:
Lays it down on the bed, covers it with his blankie, and shuts the door so it can take a nap:
And mostly, he loves his "baby" a whole lot:

Sometimes he even wants to change the "baby's" diaper. I asked James if he was going to be such a helper when we have a real baby and he told me 'uh-huh.' I'm sure that he will.

11 comments:

  1. What a cutie--yeah, if they're sweet then you can almost guarantee they'll be sweet later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so darling!! I can't wait to see him with his real baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet boy. That is so cute. He's going to be such good big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's cute when little boys are so nuturing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is too funny! Jackson just started doing the same exact thing. he lays it down, get a diaper, puts it under the bear, then covers it with a blanket. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's too cute! Derek is acting 'older brother-ish' too. I hope he's this good to the real babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when little boys show their nurturing side. He'll make a good daddie some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. James is such a doll..yes I said it. He really is..I just wanna squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete