Monday was a pumpkin filled day for the Cranes. In the morning I was able to attend William's first-ever field trip. The pre-K kids all took the bus to Chester's Party Barn. William's friend, Colt, was our buddy for the day. It was so windy. At one point William said it was "windy like a tornado." Pretty darn close. Despite the wind we had some fun going on hay rides, finding our way through the hay maze, going down the slippery big slide, having sack races, petting the animals, playing games, going on a pony ride (only Colt... William didn't want to go), and picking out our pumpkins. When asked what was the best part of the day William answered, "The bus ride and the hay ride."
William also decided that James and Alexander needed pumpkins of their own so for family night we headed over to the little pumpkin patch in town. We sang Halloween songs on the way over. The boys had a great time picking pumpkins and going on the (free) train ride.
William is ultra-excited to carve his pumpkin... I'm ultra-excited to roast the seeds. Yum!
And for your listening enjoyment... "Mr. Jack-o-Lantern" as performed by William Crane.


I don't know ANY Halloween songs. Please share.
ReplyDeleteHow fun. I love the picture of your three boys. So so cute.
ReplyDeleteHalloween songs? I need to learn me some of those! Pumpkins are awesome, I love the goo inside!!
ReplyDeleteKatie and Erin... we only know 2 halloween songs and they come from "My Picture Book of Songs." I could scan the music if you wanted and email it to you.
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! Your boys are so cute.
ReplyDeleteAlso glad to hear you hate dressing up too. I always have! :)
your boys are so cute. i love alexander is his beanie. what a cutie pie!
ReplyDeleteI just love that you sing those songs. I told you a while back that NO ONE else ever knows them. Lizzie has been sing the Boo song all month long.
ReplyDeleteNat... I LOVE that you know those songs! I don't know anyone else who knows them. I actually wish I knew more from the book. I only know about half the songs. William loves Mr. Jack-o-lantern and James loves Boo!
ReplyDelete