Rich and I met in September 2001 (on my birthday). It took him 7 months to get me to date him. Seven years later we are still going strong. Happy Anniversary!
When I see current pictures of you, I think how lucky you are...you look so young. You haven't changed at all. But when I see old pictures I can see that you've changed...you both look so young there! It's adorable! (But don't worry you keep getting better with age.)
Happy Anniversary! I actually was just thinking about you and Rich the other day, because . . .
I picked up some old journals from my mom's house on Sunday, and I was reading entries from that year of when we met Rich and all the other boys who played a drama in our lives. (I was especially amused by my entries December-January. I had forgotten how many different boys I was "maybe interested in"--apparently I was fickle and very desperate.) At the end of that particular journal I was in the middle of chronicling how we forced you to go confront Rich about your relationship. We were all so wrapped up in it. So glad it worked out!
Heather... I would love to hear your journal entries. I can't even remember all the boys that you were interested in... except Brandon? And it's a good thing that you DID force me to confront him or it may have never happened! What wonderful roommates and friends you all were (and are!)
One that I was especially wishy-washy on was Jeff. I made comments like, "I think I might like him. I'm not sure. But I think that he and Jeanine would be great together, so . . . " (not a direct quote, but not too far off).
Southridge did a lot of good things for a lot of good people! Happy Anniversary! Your kids are so cute and getting so big! Hope things are going fantastic for you.
Man, it's rough being in this neighborhood. Two dogs! I hope it's better in North Carolina!
Animals aren't thinkful. 3-29-12
Somehow everyone that comes out of mom's tummy, that's a boy, somehow loves Dad! 1-19-12
According to James...
James has enjoyed making his own lunch (of food he wants to eat) so much that he told me, "It would actually be a punishment for you to make my lunch!" 8-26-15
(expaining to a friend after hearing me tell Henry that I wanted to eat him up) Do you know what "I want to eat you up!" means? It means I love you SO much. 5-3-12
Look! A zookeeper! (This was at church, pointing to a boy in a boyscout uniform) 4-8-12
According to Alex...
"When you look at Lydia you can't take your eyes off her because she's so beautiful... Mom, you are pretty too." 6-24-2015
mom: Alex, how did you get so funny?" Alex: "I'm not funny." mom: "you're pretty funny." Alex: "no, I'm not funny. I'm hilarious." 1-22-15
About his kindergarten teacher: "She's nice but she likes to torture me with hand sanitizer." 1-22-15
The Life of Henry
Henry has started writing "Jeff" on all of his school papers. His teacher will even call him Jeff at school. He is so silly! 1-30-17
(after eating a peach from off our tree) The crust tastes like fur! 7-17-16 (apparently I've always peeled the skin off in the past!)
I gave Henry a piece of watermelon to taste and asked him how it was. He replied, "C'est Magnifique! That means it's great!" 5-23-16
Lovely Lydia
Henry was making a mess while brushing teeth one night. Lydia was standing there and exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! You're making a mess!"
Rich was finishing dinner one night before I got home from choir. Lydia saw him open the crockpot and told him, "You're going to be in trouble! You're going to cry." (October 2017)
"Party? Treat? Soon!" January 2017 (2 years old)
Starting to stand on her own. (14 1/2 months) January 2016
When I see current pictures of you, I think how lucky you are...you look so young. You haven't changed at all. But when I see old pictures I can see that you've changed...you both look so young there! It's adorable! (But don't worry you keep getting better with age.)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!
oh. Such memories are associated with that pictures.
ReplyDeletei LOVE it. Happy Anniversary, friends!!
Happy Anniversary to our favorite Cranes!
ReplyDeleteHeard about your new calling...way to change the world
im with Katie...I think you have aged great!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary! Hooray!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! =)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I actually was just thinking about you and Rich the other day, because . . .
ReplyDeleteI picked up some old journals from my mom's house on Sunday, and I was reading entries from that year of when we met Rich and all the other boys who played a drama in our lives. (I was especially amused by my entries December-January. I had forgotten how many different boys I was "maybe interested in"--apparently I was fickle and very desperate.) At the end of that particular journal I was in the middle of chronicling how we forced you to go confront Rich about your relationship. We were all so wrapped up in it. So glad it worked out!
Thanks everyone!
ReplyDeleteHeather... I would love to hear your journal entries. I can't even remember all the boys that you were interested in... except Brandon? And it's a good thing that you DID force me to confront him or it may have never happened! What wonderful roommates and friends you all were (and are!)
One that I was especially wishy-washy on was Jeff. I made comments like, "I think I might like him. I'm not sure. But I think that he and Jeanine would be great together, so . . . " (not a direct quote, but not too far off).
ReplyDeletehappy anniversary!! you two are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteSouthridge did a lot of good things for a lot of good people! Happy Anniversary! Your kids are so cute and getting so big! Hope things are going fantastic for you.
ReplyDelete