Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Father/Son campout

This past weekend Rich took the two older boys on the Stake Father/Son campout.  We were all so glad that it didn't get rained out again this year!  Because I wasn't there, there are no pictures of William having adventures in the creek or James swinging a hatchet or the boys from our ward {my boys included} getting into a rumble with some other boys.  But these pictures will have to do.


Rich said that they were really obedient and even let him get up to give his talk at the fireside that evening without any trouble.  {I should really have him get on here and fill in all the details of the weekend!}  The boys just can't stop talking about it!  I'm grateful for a husband who happily takes our boys on fun adventures like this!

{Growing up in a family of all girls we never got to do anything special when it was Father/Son time... because no one was gone.  But now I do because I have all boys!  So what did I do while the men-folk were away?  Several ladies from our ward enjoyed a girl's night out while some of the young women watched the little ones.  We had a blast.  The only way the night could have been better is if the Thunder had pulled off a win in game 6!}

6 comments:

  1. How fun. It sounds like your boys had a blast. Maybe they can convince grandpa fisher to go camping with them in alaska.
    and about game 6:close but no cigars. Pretty awesome game though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad they had a good time and that you had a girl's night out. I don't think they do a Father and Son campout here. (Of course it is still cold here.) The other day I was looking at a calendar for Corona ward and realized that next week is the Father and Son campout. It made me homesick. Jacob just LOVED them. (And Rachelle and I loved the girls night together.) I am kind of sad about not having that here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up, I looked forward to the father son campout all year. My mom and I had the best time.

    We don't have one out here either. Though if we did, I'd probably look forward to it more than I did growing up.

    I'm glad Rich is so good at that and that you got some girl time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. Mother's and daughter's campouts used to be one of my favorite things ever. And when it was time for father's and son's, my mom always tried to do something fun with me while my dad and brothers were gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip! I can't wait till Matt and Nolan can go on those!

    ReplyDelete