Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Snow Days--Part IV

It is a beautiful, sunny 77 degrees today.  I can hardly believe that only a week ago we were snowed in!  The weather is crazy to say the least.  Can't it just stay like today all year round?  That would be lovely.  Now that the snow is all gone I can document the last (hopefully?!) of our snow days.

Wednesday morning we woke up to loads more snow.  Rich left on a business trip to DC and we were both amazed that his flight left on time.  It snowed most of the morning and we just hunkered down inside where we were nice and cozy warm.  The boys cuddled up on the couch and looked at books together.  I had been sick for the beginning of the week so it was a nice way to spend the day.


Alex saw me taking a picture of his brothers and decided he would pose for me.

Alexander didn't want to go to sleep that night but instead fell asleep on the couch watching shows with me.  He has never done that before... silly boy.



The next day (Thursday) school was canceled as well.  I knew we needed to get out of the house or we'd all go crazy.  Thankfully our home teacher had come over Wednesday to shovel our driveway so that I could get out!  What a relief.  The boys spent the morning setting up battles with their army men.





William even convinced me to make parachutes for some of them.



After Alexander's nap we headed over to the church to let the boys run around the cultural hall.  We stayed for a good hour and let them get all their pent up energy out.  The boys threw balls around,



played their own version of soccer,


ran a ton of races,



and, of course, Alex had to pose for a picture.


We ended the day by heading to the store to let the boys pick out dinner and dessert.  Their choice?  French bread pizzas and ice cream sandwiches. 

4 comments:

  1. good choices for food...:) and how fun they play together so well! mr 3 is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 77? Wow! I was feeling good about our 30 degrees and sunny. I can't believe you had that many snow days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it that you guys went to the church! what a great idea. If only I knew someone that could do that for me!
    we were in the 70's today too! we loved it, and had to go to the park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to survive the snow days with Rich gone. Alex is such a cutie. I love his little smile. The boys picked out a good dinner --nice and easy!

    ReplyDelete