We had a wonderful Valentine's celebration this year. On Saturday we took the boys out to eat at Chili's to celebrate. Rich even dressed them all in red just for me (he hates to be matchy and I love it). I wish I had thought to get a picture!!! Drat! The boys were all well behaved and everyone thought Alex was just the cutest thing when he danced to the music.
Sunday afternoon William and I (with a little help from the other boys) made some marshmallow pops for his class Valentine's party. They were so easy and a huge hit!
Monday morning the boys awoke to a heart attacked door and a few little goodies at the breakfast table. (I just love Valentine's day!) After a long wait in the doctor's office we headed over to the elementary school for William's party. Again, no pictures, but everyone had a good time.
In the evening Rich and the boys gifted me with a gift card for a massage (I can't wait till Saturday!) and some awesome boots (because I said that I couldn't pull them off and Rich insisted that I could). Rich requested a homecooked steak dinner for his Valentine's Day gift. Easy enough. I bought a nice thick New York strip steak (thanks for the suggestion Austin!) to grill that night. Thankfully the weather cooperated and it was a perfect night to grill outside! We also grilled some asparagus and had some baked potatoes (with the works: butter, cheese, sour cream, salt, bacon... mmmm!) We topped it all off with some chocolate covered strawberries and homemade cheesecake.
It was the perfect Valentine's Day! I just love my boys!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a fun Valentine's Day. Your marshmallow pops are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the advice on shin splints! I decided to rest them from running for 2 weeks, continue icing them, use the elliptical at the gym instead, and then start back sloooooooow in 2 weeks and ease my way into it. Hopefully that will help!! :)
That does sound like the perfect valentines day! What fun ideas- I love those marshmallow pops! I'll have to save that idea away for later. And hooray for massages!! I remember getting a facial when I was pregnant, but they had to tilt me up so much because of dang heartburn when I lay down flat- but it was still nice. I hope you enjoy it!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day. The marshmellow pop sound like so much fun.
ReplyDeleteI want to see your boots. Take a picture and share with us or show me on the webcam.
What a nice Valentines. Those marshmallow pops looks fun.
ReplyDeleteAnd I want to see you boots too.
Love the marshmallow pops idea. SUPER CUTE! Oh, and those strawberries look DIVINE!
ReplyDeleteI love the marshmallow pops such a good idea.
ReplyDelete