My mom and brother went home yesterday. They was supposed to leave Tuesday but due to some flight delays they got to stay with us for another day. So now we get to adjust to our new "normal."
Henry's birth was fairly uneventful--which is what we were hoping for. No emergency c-sections, no trips to the NICU. The only thing different was on my part. I chose to have an epidural this time because I get a nasty headache from spinals. When they say that epidurals aren't as deep they aren't kidding! I was actually in pain this time... until I got a little more medicine. But the pain was totally worth not having a headache for a day or two!
Later in the evening my mom brought the boys to meet their new brother. William and James loved him... Alex didn't even want to look at Henry!
He preferred to stay on the other side of the room and eat potato chips.
And all of the boys enjoyed eating some enormous chocolate chip cookies.
Since we had such an 'uneventful' birth this time we even got the opportunity to go home early! Hooray. It was nice being able to leave when we were ready instead of waiting for our baby to be released!
We came home to some great signs made by the boys.
Henry is such a good baby. He sleeps most of the day
and when he is awake he just lays there and takes everything in.
He is so content and happy. (As a side note... we thought that James was the same way but he was on some serious drugs! Henry is just naturally this way.) He is always getting the hiccups--which are just too cute.
His brothers can't get enough of him. William is always wanting to hold Henry or lay down by him.
James loves to talk to him and kiss him on the head.
And even Alexander is coming around. He'll even occasionally give him a kiss.
My brother, Jacob, was great with Henry (as well as the rest of the boys!) I asked Jacob one night to watch Henry while I did some other stuff. I caught a glance every once in a while and saw him telling Henry all his body parts ("Here are your hands" etc) and singing songs to him. It was very sweet.
I am so glad that my mom and Jacob were able to come out and help. I don't know what I would have done without them! We miss them already!
Stay tuned for several catch-up posts!!!
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jeanine, I cannot believe you guys have 4 kids! How fun and crazy. :)
ReplyDeleteHe's adorable and I am so glad your other boys are loving him.
I can't wait to see more pictures!
Yeah! I'm glad you posted more pictures. What handsome boys! Jacob is so good with kids. That's fun that he could come. Did you get a new couch?
ReplyDelete@Kelsey... We can't believe we have 4 kids either... fun and crazy is the perfect way to describe it!
ReplyDelete@Amy... It was really nice to have Jacob here. And yes, we did get some new couches for our downstairs. Our old ones are upstairs now. But now I want to re-cover the throw pillows on this couch! I'm thinking green this time!
I have been waiting for this post! so glad that the delivery was uneventful :)
ReplyDeletenow...ill be waiting for posts on the new house!!
He is so adorable, and how sweet are your boys! Congratulations again!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Jeanine!
ReplyDeleteIm glad things went so well.
He is so adorable.
That picture of your brother with him is just precious.
I didn't realize that you had a younger brother. How sweet.
I am so glad Jacob got to come with me. We had such a great time. It was wonderful to be with all of you in your new home. You and Rich are such great parents.
ReplyDeleteHe looks like a keeper! Congratulations again!
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable!!!!! It makes me want to have another one. I keep going back and forth about when to have #3. Any advice? Congrats!!!!! What a fun family of boys.
ReplyDeletecontent babies are the best! My jackson was that way. He is adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo glad things went well :)