Sunday, August 14, 2011

sweet rain

It has been a dry, hot summer.  The last time we saw rain was the day of the tornado back in May... and it wasn't much.  Last Saturday the temperature was up to 115!  That's just disgusting.  And so our stake fasted and prayed for rain last weekend.  And our prayers were answered.

Alexander was so excited that he ran around and played in the rain at Grandma's house.  It seems that it has rained a little bit every day since.



In fact, our little town got hit again by a big storm.  It looked like another tornado hit it... but it was just some crazy strong winds!  Luckily we were unaffected... but many of our friends were without power for the next day! We are so grateful for the cooler (in the 90s) weather and some much needed rain!

4 comments:

  1. All those unknowing people who got rain because a few faithful saints fasted and prayed. I think that is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that amazing power of prayer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool. And I'm sure a big relief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are getting rain. The heat is crazy!!! I can't believe it has been so hot. Alex is so cute in his wet clothes and hair.

    ReplyDelete