Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Snowy Valentines

I realized I'm nearly a month late but I just can't get myself to blog lately!  I have a few posts in the making though.  The day before Valentine's Day we had a winter storm hit Oklahoma.  It wasn't much of a storm though... we didn't even get a snow day!  (And it was HORRIBLE getting to school that day... Oklahomans + snow = terrible driving).  James had his class party that day.  I always love going to the parties at school.  While the parents set things up James' teacher has them sing all the songs they've learned.  I love it!



The boys were dying to get outside and play in the snow.  James played outside by himself and couldn't wait for William to get home to play.  Most of the snow was melted by the time school was out.


But there was still enough for a good snowball fight!


William had a fun party on Valentine's Day.  I love to see my boys in a different setting (like school) to see how they act and who their friends are.




For dinner that night we had steak, potatoes, salad and "love potion".  Mmmm.  Afterwards, Rich and I were able to sneak away for a date to the temple.  It was the perfect Valentine's Day.

7 comments:

  1. I love the picture of James in the barely-there snow! And that girl on the back row of William's class was totally me--taller than everyone, including most of the boys . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! I love seeing my kids in envirnoments outside of home. :) Looks like a great Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new banner at the top.
    How did your steaks turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! I am anxious for the day of school parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are big snowballs!

    What's love potion?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for school parties!

    You need to come to Alaska for some REAL snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "love potion" is something I pinned on pinterest. It was pink lemonade, raspberry sherbet and ginger ale. The boys thought it was super awesome!

    ReplyDelete