So a little over a month ago I had the chance to head out to California. When I bought my tickets I had planned on going alone... so my flight out was super early and my flight home was red eye. Unfortunately when the time came to go out I needed to bring Henry with me. Once I came to the realization that I was flying across the country with my 13 month-old I was dreading the trip. In fact, I even started the "what-if" game in my mind. I hadn't seen these friends in over 6 years--what if it was awkward? What if I go crazy on the flight out there with my little baby not wanting to sit still? What if, what if, what if....
Well, the day finally arrived and I was packed my little Henry up with me and we caught our 6 am flight. Everything went fairly well and we landed in San Francisco without much problem. Michelle was nice enough to pick me up and we headed to her (super cute) place where I got to meet her little family.
Michelle and I then headed to Pajaro Dunes to the beach house. Henry and Elizabeth got acquainted with each other in the back seat and were great little travelers. We met up with the Fitz's and soon after we arrived and were settled Lori and her crew showed up. The four big kids had fun taking a ride on the little cart.
Ryan decided that we should take a little tour of the Martinelli's factory in town. So he and I loaded up the four big kids and headed out. We ended up at the wrong factory at first but didn't leave empty handed! The nice gentleman pointed us in the right direction and gave each of us a little jar of Martinelli's apple juice. Yum!
Soon we made it to the right place. While Ryan learned more about the different flavors and chatted with the people there, I entertained the kiddos and we checked out all the guns and bayonets on display. (Sorry for the horrible quality cell phone picture!)
After deciding not to buy any Martinelli's at the factory we headed to the grocery store. (Although Ryan did happen to get a few bottles for free!) Ryan was determined we couldn't go back empty handed. And we sure didn't! We came home with 10 (?) different flavors of Martinelli's. That evening, after Mark, Heather, and Royce showed up, we had a Martinelli's tasting.
Some of us wanted to give up after a few flavors but Royce insisted that we push through and try every flavor.
Henry even stayed up for the party.
After all that sparkling cider and chatting for a while I decided to head to bed... because at this point I had been up for around 24 hours and I was exhausted. Stay tuned for the continued adventures of the beach house...


yay! so, fun you guys did a beach house. I can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip! I'm glad you had fun. WOW I had no idea there were that many flavors. I can't wait to take a trip like that some day- with no kids and preferably with my husband too- or not.
ReplyDeleteOh that adorable, exhausted Henry. Don't know how he smiled through that late, late night. So glad you're blogging about this (because let's be honest, we all know I never will).
ReplyDeleteYeah. I've been looking forward to hearing about your trip. I didn't know Martinelli's made so many flavors. Fun.
ReplyDeleteWe sure don't talk often enough. I never got to hear these details. I'm glad you're posting it. I've seen that picture of the four kids and didn't know where it was at. Can't wait to hear the rest.
ReplyDelete