Sunday, September 2, 2012

First day of school

William started school on Monday.  He was so excited/nervous/anxious that he hardly slept the night before.  I think he said that he woke up 2 or 3 times during the night.

I tried to get him to hold up 2 fingers for me since he's starting 2nd grade but this was all I got.


I wish I hadn't given my mom such a hard time about taking so many pictures when I was younger... because now I get the same looks from my boys (William especially).


This is William's 4th school and he's only in 2nd grade.  I don't think he's bothered too much by it though.


I like to walk my boys to class on the first day of class (I hated the uncertain feeling of trying to find my classroom alone).  William thought he was really funny not looking at the camera for me.


I have a feeling this is going to be a great year for William!

They do a staggered start for the Kindergarteners so James did not start school until Wednesday (and doesn't go back until after Labor Day).  James kept telling me that he was nervous and didn't want to go back to school... but I thought he was just being his silly self. 


After we dropped William off at the bus stop I took James up to school.  He was really nervous and kept hiding his face from everyone.


I knew he was a little nervous but I thought he was just being a little difficult. When we got to the classroom he curled into a ball on the floor and was so sad.  He even cried!  I couldn't believe it!  I never expected it from James.


Eventually we left (with a screaming Alexander because he couldn't stay).  However, when I picked him up he was all smiles.  His assistant teacher said he had a great day!  He went on and on about how fun it was and that he couldn't wait to go back.


Hopefully that enthusiasm is still there on Tuesday when we head back to school!  I think he's going to learn so much this year and I have only heard great things about his teacher.


Alexander wanted in on the picture taking action as well.  He is enjoying his days with a quieter house and time with mom.





5 comments:

  1. I just love back to school shots and these ones are great!! Glad everyone had fun!! Your boys are growing up too fast! I love seeing pictures of them though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and so glad everyone is liking school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Tuesday goes ok for James. Can't wait to hear about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your boys are growing up so fast!! Make sure to add a few pictures of yourself from time to time; so I can see your pretty face. I miss you! I miss seeing you and being a little part of your life. What a wonderful mother you are to your boys!! You are amazing, Jeanine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was difficult about my parents taking pictures of me all the way through high school (it depended on how I felt I looked that day). And poor James--that anxiety can be challenging to overcome. But I'm glad his day went great after all!

    ReplyDelete