Sunday, January 19, 2014

New Year's Eve

For New Year's Eve we had our traditional dinner of fondue.  I like the cheese fondue but I think the boys filled up mostly on the chocolate!



A few months ago I found some floating paper lanterns on sale. (Think: Tangled) I thought they would be so much fun to light and send up our wishes for the new year. 


They turned out to be an epic failure.  I don't know if we were clueless on how to  get them to work or if it was the wind but we stood out in the 30-something degree weather trying.  The boys were so cold that they went back to sit in the car.  William is the only one that stuck it out while we tried to get each of the six lanterns to float.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.










It would have been so super cool to have our beautiful lanterns float into the sky... but I guess we're just lucky they didn't get blown by the wind over to the school!  It was a good New Year's anyway.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I've always wanted to try those. I have a feeling our attempt would look very similar to yours. :-) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fondue tradition. We should do something like that. Those lanterns look fun. Too bad they didn't work--although I'm sure your boys thought it was just as cool.

    ReplyDelete