William saw an idea to make ice cube boats on Pinterest. It's one of the many things we never did on our summer bucket list... so we did it. They weren't as awesome as we envisioned but we still had fun with them.
I found a big parachute at Michael's awhile ago. I've been holding onto it for Spring Break. Hopefully we'll get lots of use out of it this coming summer.
We wanted to have a ladybug release but found out that Home Depot no longer sells them. (The sales guy looked at me like I was crazy!) So instead we each bought a cactus or succulent and planted a little pot when we got home.
Lydia was worn out with everyone home! (Not really... but she fell asleep like this and I thought it was fun.)
We dyed eggs with natural food dyes this year and had fun. These are (clockwise from the top left) blueberry, tumeric, red onion, red cabbage.
Some colors turned out better than others. We'll go back to artificial dye next year but this was a fun experiment!
The boys decided to go camping in the backyard again. Always a fun adventure. Rich is such a great sport.... but I think we need to invest in a cot!
We really enjoyed General Conference to end our Spring Break.
We also had an Easter Egg hunt on Saturday between sessions of Conference.
Spring Break was just what we needed! I can't wait until summer!

Your spring break looks so warm! Shorts and water games and playing outside. Jealous! That's funny that you can buy lady bugs on amazon. We get so many lady bugs in our house--I don't know why. We've gotten good at catching them and taking them outside. Evelyn even caught one today--but it was dead--yuck. Your eggs turned out really well. Mine never seem to get that dark.
ReplyDeleteMy husband, after years of camping, finally bought a 3.5" thick self-inflating pad from REI. He is so comfy on it and it takes up so much less space than a cot. He wishes he would have done it years ago. I bet Rich would like one, too. Ours came from rei-outlet for a good price.
ReplyDeleteYou did lots of fun activities! Lydia is really changing and growing.
ReplyDelete