I'm finally getting around to posting about the first day of school!
William and I were able to go get his schedule and walk to all of his classes a few days before school started. It's crazy to think that he's in middle school. He really seems to be loving it. He rides to school on his bike with at least 5 other kids from the neighborhood which is really nice. He seems to like most of his teachers and is enjoying learning to play the trumpet.
All the boys are in school all day this year--6th, 4th, 2nd, and Kindergarten. James has a great teacher this year, Mr. Hanley, who has created a positive learning environment for his class. I think James likes being the big brother on campus too. He has loved roller blading to school (and I think especially loves that every tells him how good he is at it!) Alex has always loved school and this year is no different. He is still a little reading machine. Henry is loving Kindergarten. The first few days he told me that it was boring but now he tells me daily that, "Kindergarten in shorter than pre-school!" (Which is not true at all... but shows me that he's having so much fun that the day is flying by!)
And that leaves just the girls at home. We've settled into a nice little routine. In the morning we play at the park after the boys head to school--until I get tired of chasing her from danger. Then we run errands (or watch a show together if we have nothing pressing that morning). By 11:00 Lydia is ready for a nap and usually sleeps until it is time to pick up the boys from school. I try to be productive as I can while she is sleeping but I sometimes sneak in a quick power nap of my own.

I am glad everyone is having a good year so far!!! And hooray for power napping 😀
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great schedule! How nice to be able to play at the playground everyday.
ReplyDelete