Thursday, October 27, 2016

Happy birthday, sweet Lydia!

Oh, sweet, silly little Lydia.  Where do I even begin?  Lydia loves her big brothers and tries her best to keep up with them.  I'm sure that she picked up on making silly faces from them.


She has also started to say their names and likes to make them laugh.  She loves playing at the park in the morning but often thinks that she needs to follow the boys to school.  She has a mind of her own and knows what she wants.  I'm sure she thinks she is big and yearns for the independence that her brothers have but the difference is that they won't run into the street at the playground or wander past mom's invisible boundaries.  But thank goodness Lydia still loves to cuddle.  I can't get enough of her snuggles or even just the way she touches my arm as I sit next to her on the couch.  Life just wasn't complete without her in our family.

Since Rich was going out of town on Sunday we decided to celebrate a day early. It's hard to believe she is 2.  Time needs to slow down just a little bit. Lydia loved opening her gifts but her brothers were in much more of a hurry than she was.  She really was content to sit there slowly ripping off the wrapping--the boys, not so much.



 It was fun to get her some more girly toys--which she loved.  She has had fun wearing her new dress-ups (from Grandma) and jewelry.  And carries her ballerina bear (from Aunt Amy) all over the house.






We also got her a Little People house which turned out to be a huge hit!  I find her playing with it all throughout the day!




After presents we did cake.  Lydia wasn't quite sure how to blow out the candles so it was a good thing she had some helpers!




Happy birthday sweet girl!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, she's just too cute for words. Can't wait to see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday. It seems like I was just there at your house when she was born!

    ReplyDelete