Monday, June 23, 2008

the BEST summer invention...

...has got to be the "spray ground." I love these things and this year a new one opened up just a few blocks from where Rich works.





We checked it out Friday night and the boys couldn't get enough! James hopped right in there and William was quick to follow. William loved the water gun and we had a hard time convincing him to take turns with other kids. He thought it was hilarious to keep spraying these two kids (who we don't know) in the face.
Taking these two to a pool makes me nervous because James is so fearless. This is such a great compromise because they can play around in the water with other kids and I don't have to worry about one of them (most likely, James) falling in the pool when I'm not looking. You can bet we'll be spending a lot of time here this summer!

18 comments:

  1. I wish we had one of those by our house, Macey would love that! btw, I love the haircut. Rich is lucky to have such a hot wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the water park photos! We just found out that the children of the Miguel's Jr. owners have donated $250,000 to build the same type thing at Citrus Park in Corona right by our house! I can't wait to take Hannah there. It is in the works and supposed to be done end of July. The family's Dad is dying and they wanted to do something for the city in his honor, and give back to the community for all of their support over the years they've had their restaurants. Just another good reason to go eat some more Miguel's!
    Looks like your kids had a blast there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good times, and I love hearing James giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the parks here in NYC have similar fountains and sprinklers. It's great! In fact, I think I might take Garrett "swimming" today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad they love it. It looks like so much fun. I wish Olivia would play in the one by our house. She's such a party pooper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new hair cut! It does something to ya when you get it cut. Makes you feel new again! Water can do miracles for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just looking at Katie's blog and read your comment and it made me totally laugh. Tyson does/ says the same thing. Although now he has cut out the part about that President Hinckley died, but he used to say that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, hot fun in the summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping cool! Love it! Looks like a lot of fun! Your boys are getting so big. And we can totally relate the the "fearless" child. No fear in kiddos means much fear in parents i'm afraid. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfect!! How fun! Never seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these things, too. I haven't found one out here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Those are the best! How fun! We played on one in Wichita when we vacationed there last. It was a blast. Josh has been doing swimming lessons this week and Jacob has been dying to go play. We'll have to come down and play in the Freakishly HOT OK July. Let us know when you get back from Cali. Maybe if we come down for the 4th we can go. Are you guys even going to be here?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cool! I would even love it! I can't wait til we get one by us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like such a fun water park. I wish we had one by our house Jenna would love it. Anything with water.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like so much fun, I wish we had one here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Girl! Yeah it's good to hear from you! Wow look at your fun life! I haven't read everything on your blog so i don't know where your living? What's the update. . . you look great by the way!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's too bad they won't have the one in Corona done when you are here to visit. I plan on taking Jacob when it is done.

    ReplyDelete