Sunday, June 29, 2008

frontier city

Rich works for a great company. They don't expect him to work long hours, pay him well, don't send him on too many trips, and are very family oriented. Yesterday, for example, they had a "company picnic" at Frontier City. (For those of you from Southern California think a cross between Castle Park and Knott's Berry Farm.) I use the term "company picnic" very loosely because really Express paid for our parking, admission, and lunch. It was a fantastic day!

Our first stop was the log ride. William loved it! Rich thought he'd be scared of the dark tunnels but he wasn't at all.

Next we all went on the carousel. We had the whole thing to ourselves. William is not a fan of going up and down so he rode the stationary lion, while James excitedly rode the horse (it may be the longest that boy has held still in possibly his whole entire life), and Rich sat atop the rooster. I was there too but just standing next to James in case he decided to let go.

William and I took a ride on some 'tornado' ride which William thought was awesome! The faster we spun in circles the more he loved it. He would look up at me with the biggest grin on his face. At the end he didn't want to get off... he was up for another ride. I, on the other hand, was pretty dizzy. On the Ferris Wheel William loved being higher than the trees and James decidedly did not have a good time as proven by the fact that he screamed and squirmed most of the time. It could also have been the fact that I wouldn't let him off of my lap. While stopped at the top William saw a roller coaster and proclaimed, "When we are done I will ride that one. It goes upside-down."

Sadly, he was too short for that roller coaster. Rich did, however, convince the ride operator of another roller coaster to let William on even though he was too short. (Rich told him, "I'll take liability if he gets hurt or dies." The operator told him that he could lose his job... so Rich said, "Well, I work for an employment company. I'll get you a new, better job," and handed the guy his business card. Great huh?) When he got off I asked him if it was fun and he exclaimed "Yeah!" Rich then told me that William didn't cry but was apparently curled in the fetal position the entire ride.

After lunch I took William one last time on the log ride. He was a riot the whole time. He as we went around he covered his mouth and, pretending to be worried, told me, "Oh no! I think we're lost!"


Unfortunately we didn't get a whole lot of pictures. But we did make a whole lot of memories.

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous family Day! This is what I love about blogging. We get to take a few moments to secure our memorable days for the future. Your descriptions of your boys are adorable. They are just beautiful babies, and they are blessed to have you and Rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun. Your boys are a crack up. We can't wait to hang out in a few days! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! Rich sounds like my dad, he can talk people into letting him get what he wants, and they're even okay with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow- William sure looks like he was in heaven! (and you look SO cute in that last picture- I still love your hair cut!) We still haven't made it to Frontier City. Brandon HATES roller coasters and I never wanted to go alone. We may make it to Disneyland next and hopefully I won't be pregnant so I can ride the rides. Or we'll just have to go to FC with you guys. What the HECK are we supposed to do while you are gone on the fourth!?!? We've spent the past 4 years with you guys, right? Maybe we'll have to invite our strange neighbor over. He hasn't been to church in a month, fellowshipping? Nah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! You guys are always doing these fun things. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe Rich! That is too, too funny. Glad William's not afraid of roller coasters. Glad you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Looks and sounds like a blast! Glad you guys had such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun, I love perks from the job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW FUN!! Matt's company pays for one day of the year for him and a guest to go to a place like that too! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete