Friday, June 13, 2008

farewell corona high

It seems that I blog about Rachelle the more than my other siblings. Maybe that's because my other two sisters have their own blogs and they can tell you what's going on in their lives themselves. Or maybe Rachelle just has the most exciting life out of any of us. Or maybe Rachelle's just my favorite. I guess we'll never really know.
Just yesterday, Rachelle graduated from Corona High School. She is the fourth and final Fisher girl to graduate from that fine institution. By the time Jacob graduates high school most of the teachers I had will be retired. And thus ends the "Fisher Legacy." So let's run the numbers...

The number of Fisher girls who:

extracurriculars

Ran track = 2
Played in band = 1
Sang in Choir = 4
Sang in Madrigals = 3
Were in Madrigals for more than one year = 2
Were able to enjoy the new performing arts building (announced my freshman year) = 1
Went to plays with the International Studies Club = 4
Were in student government = 2
Were members of the California Scholarship Federation = 4

academia

Had Mr. Vaughn for World History = 4
Had Mr. Smith as a choir director = 3
Had Mrs. Robson for AP Language Arts = 4
Had Mr. Phillips for 11th grade Language Arts= 3 (unless you count Amy's one week in there... and then it's 4)
Had Mr. Williams for psychology = 2
Had Mrs. Hippie for 10th grade Language Arts = 4
Had Mrs. Gray for art = 2

graduation

Wore the same cap and gown = 4
Were salutatorians = 2

Graduated with honors = 4
Years at CHS = 1995-2008 = 13 years

So farewell Corona High School. We made many fond memories with you.

Congrats Rachelle!!!

8 comments:

  1. Are you from Corona? I didn't know that! I hail from a little farther south--San Diego, but hey, socal is socal, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad all you girls could share so many similar experiences at CHS--especially having some of the same teachers. I feel kind of sad that a whole phase in our lives has now passed. It will be totally different when Jacob gets to high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post. How sad that all you guys are grown. It's pretty cool how many of the same things you and your sisters shared.

    And I love the new picture of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a legacy!

    All 8 of the Holmes Kids have officially left Norco High this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Congratulations Rachelle. Thanks for the memories Jeanine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I love your family! Congrats to Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some good statistics. Way to go Fisher family and congratulations Rachelle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GO Panthers!! Cool stats. That school doesn't have a clue what it is missing!!

    ReplyDelete