... ME! Growing up I never won anything--not even a student of the month award at school. (side note: Every month I would hope that I would get student of the month... I was a good student right? And every month was a disappointment. Sad sad story of my life.) In fact, if anyone won anything growing up it was Amy. She was always winning things--coloring contests, drawings, etc. When I was in college I won a "free date" which comprised of tickets to some show in Salt Lake and a gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse. I never did use those tickets because I didn't have a car and for whatever reason didn't ask someone with a car to go out with me. But for the past few months or so I have been on a winning streak. (And now that I write about it, it will surely end.)
It all started back in May when I stopped by Molly's Favorite Things and entered a giveaway. To my utter astonishment I won the cutest little monkey backpack. I think it's adorable! And William loves it too.
Then in July I entered another one of her giveaways and, when the winner didn't contact her, I won again! This time it was a tassi... quite a convenient little thing. Especially now that I have short hair that I can't just sweep into a ponytail when I wash my hair.I entered yet another giveaway (this time on another site) and won a custom design from Announcements to Ponder. I still haven't cashed in on that one yet. I have to use it by the end of the year so maybe I'll have some custom Christmas cards. We'll see how it goes.
Occasionally I take surveys for different companies and they reward you with points. I entered some of my points into a sweepstakes and I won a portable DVD player. I've been thinking forever that I should buy one for road trips and such but just have never actually done it. I thought this one would be some cheap-o brand but it's actually really nice!
And most recently I grabbed a soda from my in-laws fridge. On the cap it said "1 in 6 Wins." Now how often do you actually remember to get online and enter in that code on the inside of the cap? I usually forget about it and throw it away. This time I thought "why not?" and set the cap on the counter. Then I got annoyed that it was just sitting there so I finally got online and entered it in the computer... and I WON! It was just a coupon for a free soda--but still! When I told Rich he got pretty excited. I didn't think it was a big deal... it's only a free soda right? But then he said, "Who ever wins something from a soda can?" And really it's true... have you?
So there you have it. My winning streak. Now I probably won't win a thing for the rest of my life. It was good while it lasted.

You are too cute...seeing the glorious fun of winning! You deserve alot more! I hope it just keeps going for you!
ReplyDeleteWow! Go you!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!.. thats awesome. Congrats on your winning streak... I hope it last a long time.
ReplyDeleteWow that's great. I think you should go to Vegas now!! Just kidding. Did you find Molly's Favorite Things from my site. She is a friend of mine. I am glad you entered her contests I always forget to. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteI am so Jealous!! I never win anything..nothing. I always enter contests and I have never won. I am so happy for you, Go jeanine, you winner!
ReplyDeleteJessica... I think I did find Molly's site on your blog!
ReplyDeleteWow Jeanine, impressive. That's quite a bit of things you've won. You never told me about the DVD player. That's great.
ReplyDelete"Come on little fella" is from Finding Nemo. I've watched it a million times, I'd know.
What the heck?!! I always enter and never win. Molly is one of my friends cousins. She lives out here. IT's such a small world that she's Jessica's friend, too. I enter her contests every time and never win.
ReplyDeleteWay to go.
Oh...Reid says "come on little fella", too. I didn't notice it was from Nemo, either.
ReplyDeleteYou're incredible! That is fantastic!! I'm the oposite, I was like your sister Amy, I think I won 5 or 6 coloring contests in my days. I'd always win cake-walks and other random things but lately I haven't won anything. I think you took my luck away. Just kidding. I hope your luck stays because that is all so awesome! Way to be "The Prize Winner of Peidmont, OK!"
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow! Way to go. Just enjoy it all.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you are on a winning streak. You deserve it. You should have gotten student of the month. I guess you just didn't have Mr. Phillips during the right class period to get dominated.
ReplyDeletesweet! congrats keep it up. don't give up... maybe you'll pass it on to me.
ReplyDeletewow! That's impressive...but what's a tassi?
ReplyDelete