Friday night, instead of being asleep in my comfy bed (like any sane person would be), I was at Barnes and Noble with my cute sister-in-law, Lisa waiting for the release of Stephenie Meyer's newest book Breaking Dawn. There was so much going on! There was a costume contest, face painting (where you could get "bite marks" on your neck), and a trivia contest. Lisa and I thought we would do great at the trivia.
Wrong. The questions were hard! So hard that, after seeing Lisa attempt, I decided to forgo the embarrassment of not knowing a single question! I was amazed that some of the kids actually knew answers!
Wrong. The questions were hard! So hard that, after seeing Lisa attempt, I decided to forgo the embarrassment of not knowing a single question! I was amazed that some of the kids actually knew answers!There weren't many people dressed up which disappointed us greatly. We were hoping to gawk at some strangers dressed as Edward or Jacob or Bella. No such luck. There were plenty of people just dressed up for the heck of it though. We saw one guy walking around as a ninja chicken. Random. Here is Lisa with some of her crazy friends who dressed up--even though the costumes had nothing to do with Twilight.

And although there weren't very many costumes there were TONS of homemade t-shirts declaring either "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob". Actually, most were some form of "team Edward" shirts. Lisa and I, being bigger fans of Jacob were disappointed with the lack of support for our werewolf friend. Our favorite find of the evening was a girl that had a shirt reading "Edward Who?" (Of course I think we scared the poor thing to death with our enthusiasm.)
But let me tell you this: Despite the late hour and all the waiting...
Really. I read it in just over 2 days. Just about everything ended perfectly... even though I never could have imagined the outcome.
Really. I read it in just over 2 days. Just about everything ended perfectly... even though I never could have imagined the outcome. And now that I've finished? I can get back to my normal life.

You Twilight girls are great! I have seen this posted similarly from California to Utah to Arkansas! So cute. Great that you were able to "devour" your new aquisition so quickly! Maybe if my life slows down a bit I can see what it is all about!
ReplyDeleteJeanine, I am so ADDICTED to these books! I finished the second one in about three days and I just started Eclipse. I too do not know what I will do myself when I am finished. Quick, find a new series for us to start! =) And, I have to say team Jacob? Well, you have read more than me so far, but up to this point I am definitely TEAM EDWARD!
ReplyDeletePS- Did you know that Stephenie Meyer is working on a book called Midnight Sun, and it is Edward's point of view from Twilight! You can read the first few chapters on her website, but she said it probably won't be published for a while.
I still haven't started the book yet, but I don't think I'll be able to hold out much longer. I'm nervous for how it will all turn out.
ReplyDeleteJacob, really?! I will say though, that when I reread the books I didn't despise Jacob as much as I did the first time through. I just hope all ends well for all three of them.
You are so crazy! You should check out Adam and Melissa's latest post. It's hilarious!
ReplyDeletehttp://theburnettblog.blogspot.com/
by the way...I talked with Kortney and she agrees with me about Twilight. Wish I could share your passion.
I juset finished it this morning. Now I have to get to all that housework I've been neglecting for three days...
ReplyDeleteI'm just not feeling it! I know EVERYONE is reading it and it seems to appeal to all ages but come on...Vampires and werevolves?
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is she's making a lot of money!
got book: tues 11:42am
ReplyDeletefinished book: thursday 3:45pm
back to real life is right :)
I just finished late last night. It was great, and like you, I can return to my normal life. I was actually sad when I could see there were only a handful of pages left. I do need to read the Host now.
ReplyDeleteWow! You are dedicated. I still have not read a single page of Stephanie Meyer's books, but maybe I'll get into them once I get through my other list of to reads.
ReplyDeleteHey, you changed your template. I almost picked the same one today.
ReplyDeleteWhat did Rich think of William wanted to be a Bevo??? How did he think that one up?
ReplyDeleteGenn... I think Midnight Sun will be interesting for sure--but maybe not as addicting since we'll already know how everything turns out.
ReplyDeleteMom... I don't know how William came up with Bevo. I was getting him out of the tub when he said it... it was totally random!
I am definitely Team Edward, but each book makes me like Jacob more. I wasn't feeling the last one as much as the first three. It was good, but it still felt off somehow...
ReplyDeleteHaving said that, I will totally re read it and I still think that SM and the Twilight series are the best! :)
I know, those books are dangerous- any book for that matter. It takes over my life and I am a wreck, so I just have to hurry and finish it so I can get over it all. I haven't read it, but sounds good.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to ignore the craze cause I have NO TIME to read right now.
ReplyDeleteBut it's hard. To ignore. Cause I'm so curious....
Soon. soon.
Rachelle and I are going to read it soon. (I guess I can read during the day and she can read at night.) Maybe I can convert her over to team Jacob.
ReplyDeleteI am starting this series this week since the kids are in school!! I am excited!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun night! I know we had fun!
ReplyDelete