Tuesday, August 19, 2008

pretty bird

James loves birds. If he hears or sees a bird he has to tell me (and will continue to tell me until I acknowledge it). He's always looking out the back door to find birds.
(Sorry that this video is sideways!)
He's even recently started calling all animals "birds". Apparently bird = any and all animals. When we're driving in the car we'll pass cows and horses and James will be shouting "bird, bird!" He's so funny.
In the past week or so James contracted hand, foot, and mouth disease. And an "unusual" case at that. Poor baby. William and I decided to make this bird feeder so that Jamesy would have some birds to look at. Unfortunately we had some bad timing because it's been raining ever since we hung it up... which equals no birds on our back patio. Hopefully the sun will come out soon so that James can enjoy the birds up close and personal.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the hand, foot, and mouth. Megan had that while Eric and I were in San Diego and my poor sister-in-law had to deal with a very sad Megan as well as her own little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bird feeder! Our Jackson discovered "Bird" while he was here this month. Love it! That would be a cute one for Heidi to make!! So sorry to hear James is not feeling well, that is a miserable thing to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute!! I especially loved the fall at the end. Classic!! But he is still cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute. Jake calls every animal a doggie. Cows, birds, everything. I'm sorry that James was sick! My boys haven't been sick for a while and I was about to count my blessings, but Jacob threw up this morning. Looks like I'm in for a long day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is all about assimilation, remember! Right now it is just animals in general!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor guy. That video was so cute. Good idea with the birdhouse-now if only the weather would work for you! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. We saw that bird feeder and
    I forgot all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I'm glad to hear that James calls all animals birds it makes me feel a little better!! Emma's favorite animal is a cow and so even though I spent so long teaching her the names of animals and she used to say them now all animals are cows (GEne actually bought her a onsie with a cow on it so she looked like she knew what she was talking about every time she said cow).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man! If you guys were closer, I would invite you over so he could see our bird Boots. Just ask Lori; Lucy really likes Boots.

    ReplyDelete