Thursday, October 9, 2008

"can I go play with James?"

William will often ask me this question when he hears James playing in his crib after a nap or quiet time (aka "failed attempt at a nap"). Today William turned on some music and after a while I heard him say, "Come on James! Dance with me!" and then some ensuing giggles. I love that they are starting to really play with each other.

Then, as I was in the kitchen, I heard William whisper, "Hurry James! Let's hide!" I was certain they were hiding from me... but then they never asked me to come find them. As I listened more closely I realized that they were fighting some monsters that had overtaken our home. They hid in the corner of the living room and occasionally threw bombs to get the bad monsters. At one point I got in on the action. William told me that the corner we were in was our "home" and that they monsters (and ghosts also at this point) couldn't get us there. (It's nice to know that he knows that home is always a safe haven.) Not having the attention span of his older brother, James would occasionally wander out into the living room. William would hurriedly call out, "James grab your sword! Hurry back!" I remarked to William that the monsters would get poor James... to which he replied, "No, James is a super hero and ghosts can't get super heroes." Phew!

10 comments:

  1. um, have I mentioned that I love your boys???! I love your boys. And I love you! Jeanine, we'd really have fun playing together if we lived close! Glad we at least have fun blogging together! (and pen-palling...Lucy has William's letters proudly displayed in the hall =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! I love how creative your William is and how much he loves his brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! IT reminds me so much of my boys. THis is always the time of year that monsters and mummies get mentioned more than superheros. But like your kiddos, they sometimes get combined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Kids can be so creative. I hope my kids are good at using their imagination. If they're anything like I was, though, they will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys are so cute. That's fun that James is getting old enough to play more with William. Olivia asked me all morning if Ethan could wake up and play a game with her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ]How fun that they are using their immagination and playing together. They are cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your boys look so much like you! That are so adorbable! I love their lips!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What imaginations...that's a good thing. oh, and I love that pictures of James with Rich in the corner. James' hair if almost curly...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW - I love your new template. How did you get that picture to fit?

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I read your post it made me think of something I just read in a great book. Anyone who has boys needs to read this book--BOYS SHOULD BE BOYS by Dr. Meg Meeker, M.D. I am only half way through the book, but I have learned so much about Jacob and why he does certain things. I have also learned what both a mother and father each contribute to the development of boys. Let me know if you can find it in your library.

    ReplyDelete