Monday, October 12, 2009

edible jack-o-lanterns

Saturday was a full, busy day. After a family trip to the grocery store we still needed to eat dinner. When I mentioned the possibility of pancakes William immediately informed me that he wanted pumpkin pancakes. And I knew just what he wanted. And then while I was pouring and flipping he informed me that we needed to make faces on our pancakes--he was going to make a scary one. The boys had loads of fun making (and re-making) faces on their pumpkins--until we finally told them that they had to actually eat the pancakes... and not just the chocolate chips. It was a fun end to a wonderful Saturday.

10 comments:

  1. I love it! Favorite part: Batman outfit. Your kids rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! i have been craving pancakes...so now i need your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy Jean... this time I just used a Krusteaz mix... but usually I make them from the Better Homes and Gardens buttermilk pancake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! I have a cousin that just told me she is going to do a Halloween food item every day until the 31st. Her first treat was mummy dogs. I will have to pass this idea along to her. You are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I am sure the boys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get all your ideas and energy? I need to remember this one since pancakes are one of our favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We made pumpkin pancakes the other morning but they weren't nearly this cute! We just had choc. chips on regular old white pancakes. Oh, Jeanine! Don't you just wish we could have a weekend get away with our families!! Our kids would have so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete