Here is a picture of my living room this afternoon. It's a mess. I know. But if you look past all the clutter you'll see two little boys playing ever so nicely together. And that is worth the mess.
yea, i agree... it is worth the mess. but then the evening hits and the kids are tired and whiney and dont want to clean up, then mom has to do it. that's how it ends up at my house with derek, anyway!
My house looks like that, too! I wouldn't mind it so much, except that it gets that way because Garrett is always throwing his toys...which nearly miss hitting his baby brother. Just a little too dangerous for my tastes. :)
Katie... I'm flattered that you would think I have such a clean house--but the truth is it's messy more often than not. Kelly... you're right. Most of the time it's me and Rich who are cleaning up the mess after bedtime. I've started making them clean up earlier though and it's working a little better :)
Man, it's rough being in this neighborhood. Two dogs! I hope it's better in North Carolina!
Animals aren't thinkful. 3-29-12
Somehow everyone that comes out of mom's tummy, that's a boy, somehow loves Dad! 1-19-12
According to James...
James has enjoyed making his own lunch (of food he wants to eat) so much that he told me, "It would actually be a punishment for you to make my lunch!" 8-26-15
(expaining to a friend after hearing me tell Henry that I wanted to eat him up) Do you know what "I want to eat you up!" means? It means I love you SO much. 5-3-12
Look! A zookeeper! (This was at church, pointing to a boy in a boyscout uniform) 4-8-12
According to Alex...
"When you look at Lydia you can't take your eyes off her because she's so beautiful... Mom, you are pretty too." 6-24-2015
mom: Alex, how did you get so funny?" Alex: "I'm not funny." mom: "you're pretty funny." Alex: "no, I'm not funny. I'm hilarious." 1-22-15
About his kindergarten teacher: "She's nice but she likes to torture me with hand sanitizer." 1-22-15
The Life of Henry
Henry has started writing "Jeff" on all of his school papers. His teacher will even call him Jeff at school. He is so silly! 1-30-17
(after eating a peach from off our tree) The crust tastes like fur! 7-17-16 (apparently I've always peeled the skin off in the past!)
I gave Henry a piece of watermelon to taste and asked him how it was. He replied, "C'est Magnifique! That means it's great!" 5-23-16
Lovely Lydia
Henry was making a mess while brushing teeth one night. Lydia was standing there and exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! You're making a mess!"
Rich was finishing dinner one night before I got home from choir. Lydia saw him open the crockpot and told him, "You're going to be in trouble! You're going to cry." (October 2017)
"Party? Treat? Soon!" January 2017 (2 years old)
Starting to stand on her own. (14 1/2 months) January 2016
You're right, that is worth any amount of mess! =)
ReplyDeleteYup it sure is worth the mess! So sweet.
ReplyDeleteCute boys--way to not care too much about the mess. My house looks like that half the time and I don't have any kids!
ReplyDeletesmile. You're right - it's worth it!
ReplyDeleteGood relationships are so worth a few messes that easily clean up.
ReplyDeleteNEver in a million years would I have guessed you'd ever let your house get messy. Thanks for keepin' it real.
ReplyDeleteCute boys.
Love it that you keep it real...
ReplyDeleteMy 2 year old Ethan just saw that pic and said "I wanna go there!"!!!
ReplyDeleteYes. I know what you mean.
ReplyDeleteyea, i agree... it is worth the mess. but then the evening hits and the kids are tired and whiney and dont want to clean up, then mom has to do it. that's how it ends up at my house with derek, anyway!
ReplyDeleteMy house looks like that, too! I wouldn't mind it so much, except that it gets that way because Garrett is always throwing his toys...which nearly miss hitting his baby brother. Just a little too dangerous for my tastes. :)
ReplyDeleteTotally worth the mess! Cute Boys you have!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great perspective! It reminds me of that poem we gave to mom a few years ago. love it!
ReplyDeleteKatie... I'm flattered that you would think I have such a clean house--but the truth is it's messy more often than not.
ReplyDeleteKelly... you're right. Most of the time it's me and Rich who are cleaning up the mess after bedtime. I've started making them clean up earlier though and it's working a little better :)
i definitely would win a "blogs messiest house" contest...you would not even get a consolation prize...
ReplyDelete