Saturday, August 7
While in Alaska I ate all kinds of food that I normally don't: salmon, halibut, moose, buffalo. I decided that I needed to add one more animal to that list: reindeer. Whenever we were downtown we saw reindeer sausage stands so on Saturday Rachelle, Amy, and I headed downtown to try them out. Before we found a stand, we ran into a bunch of other fun stuff. There was an energy fair, a unique Alaskan gift shop, and an Irish Music Festival.
Finally we made it to a reindeer stand.
And, shhh, don't tell Santa... but reindeer is delicious.
After those yummy (but spicey!) dogs, we decided to head to the outdoor market. But first a quick photo op.
Aaah. We finally made it.
There was quite a variety there. T-shirts, handmade goods, produce, entertainment... One of the first things we found were furs.
Amy quickly informed us that if she lived in Alaska she would wear real furs all the time.
We also saw a man who ran the first Iditarod! Pretty neat!
After looking around at everything we skipped over to the mall and then tried to beat the rain back to our car. I was freezing because I didn't follow the rule in Alaska: always bring a jacket just in case.
Coming up: final days
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I've loved all of your Alaska posts! Looks like you guys had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteI felt bad you didn't have a jacket. I'm glad we got to do everything we wanted before it started to rain.
ReplyDeletehow fun! Looks like you guys really did enjoy it all there! I kind of want to go now!
ReplyDeleteim so jealous of your trip!!! now i want my parents to move there ;)
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures of you with your sisters!! So fun!!
ReplyDelete