Saturday, August 7
Okay, so I left a few things out from our last Saturday. Before we went downtown we {Mom, Amy, Rachelle, and I} headed to the farmer's market. It was a first for Rachelle so Mom treated us again to a cinnamon roll. Mmmm... I could use one right now! Since the sun was out we decided to take the kids over to Kincaid Park again.
Mom wanted a picture of all the grand kids in their Alaska hats... and it was an adventure trying to get them to all look decent in the same picture!
But we finally got one!
Sunday, August 8
William enjoyed going to Grandma's primary class while we were in Alaska and having Olivia in his class for a few weeks. James was such a good helper with Ethan in nursery. It's fun to have cousins close in age!
My parents also celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary while we were there! They are such an example to their children!
Later that evening, when the kids were tucked into bed, Gordon came over with a game and homemade whole wheat cinnamon rolls. We had a fun time playing and talking and eating those delicious rolls. (Rachelle, if you read this I still really want that recipe!)
Monday, August 9
I spent most of the day packing and getting everything ready for our trip home... but the sun did come out so William, James, Olivia, and a little neighbor boy went outside to play kickball in the cul-de-sac.
That evening we headed to the airport. We were so sad to leave! We miss Grandma and Grandpa (and Rachelle and Jacob)... but we missed Rich too. Traveling alone with all three boys wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Again everyone--passengers and flight attendants alike--was beyond nice and helpful!
Eventually James and Alexander fell asleep (after some screaming and crying) and after the movie {Diary of a Wimpy Kid} William feel asleep as well. We were delayed a little on our first flight and had to race to our gate in Houston to make it... but we did! The second flight was easy cheesy... everyone was super excited to be home and see Rich. {Although I about melted when I stepped outside here! It was so hot!!!} We are so glad that we were able to make it out to Alaska... next time we'll have to check out what wintertime is like!








Wow! You finally finished. What a great log you kept of everything. Are you relieved to be done? It was fun to read all your post and remember all the fun things we did.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I was there! Thanks for posting it all...I love hearing about others adventures--I would have been sooo stressed--way to go!
ReplyDeleteSO glad you survived the plane ride- especially with all the cute things you made and planned for it. Those cinnamon rolls sound amazing- share the other recipe too! How cute to celebrate their anniversary too!
ReplyDeleteit really does look like so much fun! a place I never thought I wanted to visit till now. and man, you were surrounded by the cinnamon rolls!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading about all or our adventures. Your blog is a treasure of memories.
ReplyDelete