Saturday, September 25, 2010

Charlie Pierce.  Kyrie O'Connor.  Mo Rocca.  Do any of these names seem familiar?  How about  Peter Sagal?  Or Carl Kasell?
These are the people with whom we spent Thursday evening as we watched the recording of this weeks "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!"


You may find it ultra nerdy that we got tickets for an NPR show... but it was so much fun!  We were grateful that neither Carl nor Peter (yes, we're on first name basis now) were on vacation.  I was especially excited that Mo Rocca was there--pink pants and all.  He's one of our favorite panelists... so funny.  Even their celebrity guest, Delmar Smith, was hilarious.

Waiting for the show to begin...

I'm so glad that Rich got us tickets for my birthday!  It was great to see all the behind the scenes stuff... and it will be interesting to see what got cut out.  My greatest hope is that they somehow managed to capture Rich's laugh... I'll have to listen to the podcast and see!  You should go download it too!

The whole evening was perfect... even if we got drenched in the rain on the way back to the car. 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like fun sister! and for the record, I don't think its geeky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great time. How fun to get to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanine,

    I am catching up on your blog. It seems I've missed a lot. Happy birthday!! You look great. I love your family pictures! They turned out great, but the first one is my favorite. I love the background and your red dress looks so great in them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a great time. I was listening today to the show on the radio and they said they were in Oklahoma City. I thought, "I think Jeanine and Rich are at that show." Very cool, that you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! We got a chance to see Garrison Keillor and the Prairie Home Companion play in SLC a few years ago. It was so strange seeing a live radio show- but it makes it that much cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so jealous! I love "Wait Wait.." Thanks for the pic of the stage set up. I've always wondered what it looked like. :)

    ReplyDelete