Monday, June 18, 2012

Catch Up: Alexander turns 3!

Friday Alexander turned 3!  We decided to wait to open presents until the next day when Rich was there (since he has already missed James' birthday a few months prior).  I still wanted to make the day special.  While the big boys were at school and before we went to our weekly "Mother Goose on the Loose" at the library I took him on a special date to get a donut.


For dinner he requested mac 'n' cheese and some fruit to which I happily obliged.


Alexander is not much of a cake eater and I didn't want a ton of cake just lying around the house.  Besides, all my cake pans were packed. (It seems we are always moving right around Alex's birthday!)  So we came up with something that I knew everyone would be on board for...



He seemed to like the idea.


Last year Alex only had one big candle to blow out because the birthday candles were packed... and this year was no different.  Maybe next year he'll get to blow out more than one candle!


Saturday morning we opened his presents--always one of the best parts of birthdays!


Thor's hammer was easily the favorite gift... Rich is a genius. 




Alexander continues to be my sweet, helpful, orderly boy.  We are so glad that he's three!  (And we can't forget it either--he reminds me several times a day, "I'm 3!  I'm big!"  Now if we could just get him potty trained!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the donut cake idea. You are creative (and it was easy!) Hopefully next year you won't be moving (and will know where your candles are)!

    ReplyDelete