Saturday, January 17, 2015

Christmas at the Cranes


Christmas brings with it some stress... making sure we got enough presents for each child, helping the boys make their gifts, wrapping, baking, cooking, shopping, keeping gifts hidden, etc.  But I love it.  I love our Christmas Eve feast.  I love acting out the nativity.  I love that the boys know our traditions and come to expect certain things.  I hope that they'll want to pass some of them on to their families one day.

One thing I love is that our boys let us sleep in on Christmas morning!  They get up and watch a show until we are ready to get up.  And there are enough of them that I know they'd tattle if someone went peeking downstairs before everyone is ready!  Lydia and I ran downstairs to grab a quick picture of the boys coming down to see what Santa brought.


Henry got his own guitar.  Maybe he'll stop stealing Rich's ukelele now!  He love to play songs for us and tell us what they are.  "That was 'Everything is Awesome.'"  or "Do you want to hear the 'Ninja Turtle' song?"


William got a new bike!  Santa must have known that he was getting to big for his old one.


I must have been enjoying the moment because I didn't get pictures of Alex and James with their Santa gifts.  Alex got some superhero legos and James got a pogo stick.

After breakfast we had a nice morning opening gifts.  Even Lydia enjoyed.




Here is the aftermath of our morning.


Later that afternoon we relaxed by watching a movie.  We later found out that we missed the snow falling here in Vegas while we were cuddled up inside!  It was cold!


The boys loved everything they got.  Alex and Henry were even excited about the underwear and socks they opened.  (Only one minor meltdown when William opened new shoes and they were the same style as the ones he already had.  "Worst Christmas Ever."  But he got over it.)






The boys got me this awesome white board/message center and drew notes all over it for me.  Henry's people are my current favorites.


And just one more picture of Lydia.  She is just such a good baby.  I'm sure she had a great first Christmas.



2 comments:

  1. That was a good idea to get Lydia a teething necklace. I keep thinking it would be nice to have one especially since Evelyn grabbed my necklace at church last week and broke it.

    ReplyDelete