Sunday, June 1, 2008

brisket at the barn

There are many perks to small town life, one being the community events. Perhaps my favorite gathering is the annual "Brisket at the Barn" sponsered by the local bank. There's brisket, hotdogs, chips, drinks, snowcones, tractor "train" rides, and even entertainment from Chester the Clown. And best of all? It's all FREE. Now that's my kind of party!

So Thursday evening we headed down to the barn behind the bank for our wonderfully delicious (and free) dinner. Just about everyone in Piedmont was there. William couldn't get enough of the train ride and loved to run around with his friends.

We also enjoyed some refreshing snowcones.















However, it was not a perfect evening. You see, William is terrified of Chester. Unfortunatley he's a staple at town events. If Chester was in sight then William was clinging for dear life to either my or Rich's legs. It's kind of hard to walk that way! The funny thing is that on the way home William cried and cried because he didn't get a balloon animal from Chester!

So if you're ever passing through around this time of year we'll be sure to treat you to some fabulous fun and food down at the barn!

17 comments:

  1. Well maybe we'll head up next year. That looks like the kind of thing we love. I can't believe it was all free.

    Plus, I LOVE the dad store comment. HIlarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... all FREE? thats amazing! Looks like a fun place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... that's kinda funny and cute that he is afraid of the clown. That's fun that your town has events like that! The perks of a small town.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good time. I love free things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome and you can't beat free!! Sorry for the scary clown William, they give me the hebbie jeebies too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Thats awesome that it was all free. I have been craving a good snowcone for awhile...now my mouth is really watering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like there are some nice perks to small town living! too bad you cant combine your favorite things about a small town, and a big place like southern CA and combine em! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a blast! We love free stuff for the family. It livens up the evening time, and tosses things up a bit. Enjoy the summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so miss brisket. I grew up on that stuff. My mom makes the best!!! next time you eat it, you can think of me. Glad you have fun stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we had something like this that was free... looks like a fun time! I don't think Derek's ever seen a clown yet... but I think he'll be just as scared of one as William is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want a barn dinner! All we get here is expensive food and entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmm, I'd go for some free brisket at the barn right about now! =) Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that actually made me want to live in a small town in a weird kind of way, I guess you got me with the "everyone was there" oh, and the free food.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nothing like those small town gatherings. Our experiences here in Norco haven't always been so fun. We were surrounded by some "real country folk". We tend to stay away unfortunately. Enjoy! yours sounds way more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooohh, I hope the small town we are going to has fun stuff like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I want to live in a small town!!!

    ReplyDelete